What's for Dinner - Tuesday 06 March 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrankZ

Site Team
Staff member
Sorry no catchy title today as I am just too beat from cleaning out the basement.

I pulled a kielbasa ring out of the freezer last night for dinner tonight. Will do it in the CI grill pan then into the oven with our sauerkraut. Fried potatoes (hash browns) to go with.

What are you planning?

Dinner- Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I couldn't think of a rhyme, but I'll start it anyway.

Pasta carbonara with garlic bread and salad.

What's going on your table?

I'm making a soup from my Armenian past. It includes, browned meat, onion, garlic, MINT, chicken stock and is dressed with plain yogurt.

Thanks, Frank. This should be a really good one. I'm going to toast garlic (lots) in a stick of butter and bacon fat, and add it (mashed) along with a jar of clam broth, canned baby clams with juice, onions, celery, bacon and half & half. Are ya drooling yet?

Left over Sunday gravy tonight. Might be celebrating tomorrow night though! I just experienced the second best day of boat ownership!:) Tentively.

Something to do with scallops - that's all I know. They are frozen sea scallops - not my first choice, but a friend brought a whole basket of things on the theme of our 4-day rotation diet (in lieu of flowers!). Today is fish/seafood so it is scallops!

Something to do with scallops - that's all I know. They are frozen sea scallops - not my first choice, but a friend brought a whole basket of things on the theme of our 4-day rotation diet (in lieu of flowers!). Today is fish/seafood so it is scallops!
I should have added - does anyone know of a good way to use frozen sea scallops that doesn't involve ceviche (I only use fresh for that) or cream?

I should have added - does anyone know of a good way to use frozen sea scallops that doesn't involve ceviche (I only use fresh for that) or cream?

Dampen them with some butter (oil works) and roll them in cornmeal or crushed whatever stuff Tony can have. Then do them in the frying pan with garlic butter...oooooo heaven.

Ah geez. I got so drooly over LP's scallops I completely forgot to post my OWN dinner.

I took a chunk 'o sirloin tip out of the freezer and I'm trying to decide what I want to do with it. I am thinking beef stir fry...or stew or I DON'T KNOW! Help me please. I have some asparagus I want to do on the side. I'm easy with the starch too. I'd rather NOT do potatoes, but I can be flexible.

Dampen them with some butter (oil works) and roll them in cornmeal or crushed whatever stuff Tony can have. Then do them in the frying pan with garlic butter...oooooo heaven.
Oh, Alix, that sounds marvelous! He can have cornmeal and I have been using ghee (clarified butter) with great success so will try that.

I will probably do a spinach salad with a light vinaigrette (probably citrus).

Oh, now I can't wait! Thanks so much. Oh, and I can do most of it one armed! :rolleyes:

Ah geez. I got so drooly over LP's scallops I completely forgot to post my OWN dinner.

I took a chunk 'o sirloin tip out of the freezer and I'm trying to decide what I want to do with it. I am thinking beef stir fry...or stew or I DON'T KNOW! Help me please. I have some asparagus I want to do on the side. I'm easy with the starch too. I'd rather NOT do potatoes, but I can be flexible.
Payback time! Last week I took a sirloin steak and rubbed it with a chili powder, cumin, corriander, celery seed and s/p mixture, grilled it medium rare, sliced it thinly and made steak tacos with all the fixin's. They were awesome! :yum:

You could use your sirloin tip and either cook it with the rub or slice as for stirfry and toss with the rub! Oh, as for the asparagus, you could also use small flour tortillas, add the asparagus and some onions to the meat and make fajitas!

Last edited:
Dang, I can't do the sale celebration tomorrow!:ohmy: Tomorrow is the night of the Tri-Tip!

Payback time! Last week I took a sirloin steak and rubbed it with a chili powder, cumin, corriander, celery seed and s/p mixture, grilled it medium rare, sliced it thinly and made steak tacos with all the fixin's. They were awesome! :yum:

You could use your sirloin tip and either cook it with the rub or slice as for stirfry and toss with the rub! Oh, as for the asparagus, you could also use small flour tortillas, add the asparagus and some onions to the meat and make fajitas!

Oooooh...sounds soooo good! I have peppers and onions, I think I'll do the fajita thing. I love you! MWAH!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom