What's for Dinner - Tuesday 06 March 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, since it is a little late in the day to start walking to Canada, I won't be doing what I want to do, which is running back and forth between Laurie's and Alix's and eating with them. Tonight we will have the chicken breast tenders, potatoes, and a vegetable (probably broccoli). I think I will lightly coat the chicken tenders in some spiced-up potato flakes and oven-fry them. I think I will do sweet potatoes instead of russets. :yum:

BLTs here with some baked bean, coleslaw, and some steamed broccoli.

It's almost 60°F here in the great white north. I am taking the grill (and myself) out of hibernation!

Tonight will be Steelhead Trout and.... something. I'm winging it right now. :chef:

Well, since it is a little late in the day to start walking to Canada, I won't be doing what I want to do, which is running back and forth between Laurie's and Alix's and eating with them. Tonight we will have the chicken breast tenders, potatoes, and a vegetable (probably broccoli). I think I will lightly coat the chicken tenders in some spiced-up potato flakes and oven-fry them. I think I will do sweet potatoes instead of russets. :yum:

Heh heh heh! You'd burn off a crapload of calories running between OUR houses! You are welcome for dinner whenever you get yourself here. I'll feed you up and then roll you downhill and aim you at Laurie's place. ;)

Heh heh heh! You'd burn off a crapload of calories running between OUR houses! You are welcome for dinner whenever you get yourself here. I'll feed you up and then roll you downhill and aim you at Laurie's place. ;)
Well, after the 3,000 (?) mile walk, I'm liable to be pretty hungry, so I will definitely take you up on that! :cool:

Well, after the 3,000 (?) mile walk, I'm liable to be pretty hungry, so I will definitely take you up on that! :cool:

I checked, its 2061 miles, 3318 km from you to me. Only 504 miles, 812 kms from me to Laurie. So if its 12 hours driving to Laurie's, it would be 50+ hours driving to get to you. Yikes!

We are feeling well enough that we are going out to eat. We will be going to the nearby Chinese buffet that has a no MSG table and waiters who are always happy to see us. Food's not the best Chinese going, but there is plenty of tasty stuff. I should even be able to find enough stuff that is low carb.

I checked, its 2061 miles, 3318 km from you to me. Only 504 miles, 812 kms from me to Laurie. So if its 12 hours driving to Laurie's, it would be 50+ hours driving to get to you. Yikes!
Well, I'm not just saying this--we do intend to make it up there to visit you both. Not sure how soon, but we will do it! :)

And if we drive, we will have to take those teeny little Rockies into consideration (re. miles). :LOL:

Last edited:
Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich and Pretzels. (too tired to make a real meal)

I made sausage gravy and biscuits. We wanted that Sunday but I was out of sausage. I also picked up a couple of salmon filets for tomorrow.

Gotta clean out the fridge. Should make for some interesting combinations.

Chopped up one of the chuck roasts I smoked last Sunday. Will serve chopped bbq beef sandwiches and crash hot potatoes tonight. Y'all come!

change of plans last night so tonight is grandson's bday dinner. bbq pork ribs, baked beans and potato salad. blueberry and peach Panna cotta for dessert. i have to take to his house. he is allergic to my cats. that's ok , he is worth it. i know the dessert is spelled incorrectly and spell check no help at all.

Poached eggs in a cup, sausage and buttermilk biscuits

img_1116305_0_0056362d9a76c4fb4439962cfdc34a37.jpg

Thanks, Frank. This should be a really good one. I'm going to toast garlic (lots) in a stick of butter and bacon fat, and add it (mashed) along with a jar of clam broth, canned baby clams with juice, onions, celery, bacon and half & half. Are ya drooling yet?

My heart just exploded!!

Back
Top Bottom