What's for Dinner - Tuesday 06 March 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made sausage gravy and biscuits. We wanted that Sunday but I was out of sausage. I also picked up a couple of salmon filets for tomorrow.

I bought 2 at the store today. How do you cook yours?:chef:

My house is on the way and then it's only 11 hours to Alix's...:rolleyes:

You're sort of between Laurie and me. Barbara should swing up here first, then hit the two of you on the downswing. Either that or she should go all the way out to Laurie, pick her up, stop and get you and then all of you come on up for a great big hen party!

As I was winding down at work, my mind drifted to what to fix for dinner. Just then a coworker came in with a plate of pasties she was selling as a fund raiser for her daughter to go to California for a dance competition. I got $10 worth, made gravy when I got home and we had pasties.

I promise, I won't tell her I make better pasties...:angel:

You're sort of between Laurie and me. Barbara should swing up here first, then hit the two of you on the downswing. Either that or she should go all the way out to Laurie, pick her up, stop and get you and then all of you come on up for a great big hen party!

Kinda, just on the other side of the border...it would work!

Oooooh...sounds soooo good! I have peppers and onions, I think I'll do the fajita thing. I love you! MWAH!

I hope you liked the fajitas! The scallops were awesome! I did a rice pilaf, baked tomatoes and made a corn sauce. I just heated a can of Green Giant cream corn, added some goats milk (you could use regular cow's milk if you like :LOL:) and seasoned with salt, pepper and hot sauce. Then I used the hand blender and strained off any left husks, reduced it a bit and voila!

We need to "cook together" more often! ;)

As for Barbara and Princess Fiona, you two are welcome any time! Our front light is on a sensor so if you arrive in the middle of the night don't worry, just come up the path and ring the door bell. Joie and Violet will announce you no problem! Alix, you are invited too - just bring the lemon bars! :rolleyes:

Thanks, Frank. This should be a really good one. I'm going to toast garlic (lots) in a stick of butter and bacon fat, and add it (mashed) along with a jar of clam broth, canned baby clams with juice, onions, celery, bacon and half & half. Are ya drooling yet?
YUMMY!! I had to move my keyboard away from me due to my drooling!!

Payback time! Last week I took a sirloin steak and rubbed it with a chili powder, cumin, corriander, celery seed and s/p mixture, grilled it medium rare, sliced it thinly and made steak tacos with all the fixin's. They were awesome! :yum:

You could use your sirloin tip and either cook it with the rub or slice as for stirfry and toss with the rub! Oh, as for the asparagus, you could also use small flour tortillas, add the asparagus and some onions to the meat and make fajitas!

I have all the fixin's for some fajitas and have had a major craving. Might just have to try out the rub you suggested ;)

Skillet jalapeno cornbread and chicken chili.
Words like "jalapeno" and "cornbread" always make a great combo. Could I hear your recipe?

Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich and Pretzels. (too tired to make a real meal)
PB&B sandwiches are highly under-rated. Certainly on my top ten list of favourite sandwiches, yet I can't remember the last time I had one. Gonna have to change that!

Poached eggs in a cup, sausage and buttermilk biscuits
Poached eggs... in a cup? As in, made in the cup? I would love to know more!

It sounds like there are a lot of good things a-cookin' at so many of your houses tonight. Would be happy to be at any one! Tonight I'm taking it easy - minute rice with some tomato sauce and leftover macaroni-beef casserole. Odd mix, but I asked my fella what he wanted with the casserole and he wanted the rice. :huh:

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Some pictures!

30377-albums851-picture4592.jpg

30377-albums858-picture4593.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom