What's for dinner? Tuesday, 10-13-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
We've been having a hot spell the past couple of days, so I think this afternoon's dinner will be a nice cool Greek style salad. I have some feta to use up, and about 1/2 a cucumber. Maybe sliced avocado on the side, if my one remaining avocado is ripe enough.

What's on everyone's plate for today? :chef:

I want to hit the grill tonight if it cools down some. Dang, I hate when it's too hot to grill. :furious:

Think I'll do some wings and don't know yet what else yet.

You're an expert on hot weather meals Cheryl..it sounds delish.

We are not grilling turkey today, Happy Canada Day anyway. Dx had a wee procedure yesterday and she's recupe-ing today and not hungry. It's going to still be prime fall grilling weather tomorrow, and will fire up the coals manana. She's having pineapple and a banana today. I think I will make a grilled cheese sandwich and a scoop or two of ice cream w/ chocolate sauce tonight.

I want to hit the grill tonight if it cools down some. Dang, I hate when it's too hot to grill. :furious:

I just always overbuy on produce. :ermm: :LOL: I bit the bullet and grilled chicken thighs a couple of days ago, but it wasn't very pleasant - too hot out. :( Can hardly wait for winter grilling! :ROFLMAO:

Leftover turkey casserole here. I froze the rest of the sliced turkey breast, left the legs in the fridge for DH to nibble on.

Bourbon.
Fried Oysters.
Stuff.

Thinking of you today UB.. I dug my sweet potatoes this afternoon!

I am off to Zumba, am leaving a grilled ham, cheese and green chile sandwich for DH with instructions that a tomato salad and peach pie are in the frig. Will probably have the same when I get back.

Sauteed chili-spiced shrimp and roasted corn kernels over zucchini spiralized noodles with an avocado, yogurt, garlic, basil, lime juice sauce. Sounded really good but meh....

So how did they do?? ~~ My yield and quality were way down. ~~ I think another year I'll just stop by one of the many roadside trucks peddling them. Quality is very good, and prices are right. ~~ Think I will bronze my potato fork!! :ermm: My back will appreciate it very much I'm sure.

Peach pie.....:yum:

Last edited:

When that hot sun went down, I ended up doing the Goya marinated wings with a classic big grill basket of my marinated mixed veggies. SC had toaster oven Tater Tots on the side. Good eats!!

I am off to Zumba, am leaving a grilled ham, cheese and green chile sandwich for DH with instructions that a tomato salad and peach pie are in the frig. Will probably have the same when I get back.

How nice! Where is Zumba? Will you become back soon?

~Cat

Cat, chicken enchiladas are delicious, one of my faves! :yum: Kay, sounds like a great grilled dinner despite the heat. I need to restock on chicken wings, love 'em! Everyone's dinners sound great. :yum:

I had a change of plans for dinner - rather than spending time chopping veggies for the Greek style salad, I grilled a quick ham, cheese, and tomato sandwich and sat outside watching the sunset. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom