What's for dinner? Tuesday 10-25-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I've had a craving for Shrimp Egg Foo Young, so I think I'll make a batch this afternoon. Beef broth and soy sauce gravy to top, and asparagus for a side.

Eggs were on sale last week for $1.89 for an 18 pack, so I bought 3 cartons. :) Looks like it'll be several eggy dishes for the next few weeks - that's OK, I love eggs. :yum:

What'll be on your plate? :chef:

Yum, Chery, I haven't had egg foo young in ages! Eggs have never been my favourite, but this dish is probably my favourite way to have them...lots of sauce please!

I am thinking it will be spaghetti and meat sauce for TB and a taco salad for me using the leftover meat from yesterday.

I'm going to Cheryl's...oh wait, we're a few states away. Love egg foo young.

Probably Taco Tuesday, DH is tired of leftovers.

Last edited:
This evening I cookies pasta integral and organic spelt with zucchini and small tomatoes. It' s very Healthy and tasty !!

I've had a craving for Shrimp Egg Foo Young, so I think I'll make a batch this afternoon. Beef broth and soy sauce gravy to top, and asparagus for a side.

Eggs were on sale last week for $1.89 for an 18 pack, so I bought 3 cartons. :) Looks like it'll be several eggy dishes for the next few weeks - that's OK, I love eggs. :yum:

What'll be on your plate? :chef:
Eggs here, too...I'm heading out early to a band rehersal so I'm going to do up some quick huevos rancheros...

I made 32 small meatballs (used a disher to make it easy), convection roast 425F 10 minutes and nicely browned. Sauce is simmering with all the meatball fond, fresh basil, oregano, onion, garlic, EVOO, burgundy wine. When meatballs are cooled they will be divided up for freezer with sauce. Tonight's meatballs will simmer in the sauce while the cheese ravioli (Star brand) cook. Topped with fresh grated pecorino Romano cheese and a side salad.

Supermarket is selling fresh swordfish for $6.99 / lb. this week, so grilled sword it is. I don't recall it ever being priced this low. Pasta and broc tossed with Ricotta on the side.

We had a late lunch of Won Ton Mein deluxe:
what you would call Ramen noodles, Pork and Veggie dumplings (gyuoza) or pot stickers that are steamed not fried, Char Siu or Chinese BBQ Pork, Kamaboko or Fish Cake, green onions and baby bok choy all in a beautiful broth of homemade chicken stock and some powered dashi...OH MAN!
We slurped up the dumplings with some of this:
https://www.amazon.com/Chili-Oil-Crunchy-Garlic-Ounce/dp/B00BF028XQ
this is SO GOOD! I found this when we were in San Diego visiting our niece and went to Marukai Market, this nice lady was offering samples served atop a lovely Somen Noodle Salad, YUM!

I did up a scrambled ground beef dish with tomato, pickled peppers, onions, mushrooms and a dash of cumin. Served it over egg noodles.

A little beef filet and 'paragus tonight.

img_1485162_0_851df6a8aff44b6f5fb80ef3a7474c55.jpg

good dinner tonight - like the steak Steve! I did Chuck roast (1/2 off this week) the usual veggies with some cauliflower fried rice for me, potatoes from the crock pot for the wife.

Wings on the grill tonight, marinated in Lawry's Hawaiian Marinade with Sriracha and extra salt. Spinach salad on the side.

Everything looks and sounds great tonight!

Cheryl, a good way to use up some of those eggs later is in our Chili Rellano Casserole!

Last edited:
Steve, when are you opening your restaurant again? :LOL:

We had salads along with World Series Game One BBQ pork on buns, both from the freezer. This lady didn't want to spend time cooking tonight. I had better things to do. :)

We used up the last of the frozen Cuban Sandwich/Korean dumpling filling we made for the dumpling challenge and made steamed dumplings. Sauces were a a play on mojo and a sort of sweet/sour cilantro-garlic sauce.

Eggs here, too...I'm heading out early to a band rehersal so I'm going to do up some quick huevos rancheros...

Okay, my second favourite way to have eggs - again, lots of "sauce".

Third way, bennies (again, smother them with hollandaise and hard poach them)

:angel:

Back
Top Bottom