What's for Dinner, Tuesday 12/12?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
Today's DH's birthday so I'm making him the meal of his choice (usually he doesn't get much say in advance!:LOL: ): New England Clam Chowder from scratch (I'm using AllenOK's recipe--it's DH's absolute favorite!), rosemary olive oil bread, salad (OK, that's my choice, not his). I offered to make him any kind of cake he wanted and he said he prefered a pan of my apple crisp, so he's getting a big pan all to himself. Sofie and I will share a piece of gingerbread that I made over the weekend.

We're also surprising him at work later to take him out to lunch.:)

PA, happy birthday to your beloved! Seems he is well taken care of and gets your undivided attention!!:)

I cooked one big pot of oriental chicken macaroni for lunch so dinner will be the same plus boiled winter greens that DH has picked.

Last edited:
Leftover chili. There is only Paul and I at home any more but I cook chilis and soups like I have to feed 100 people.

Have had cooked shrimp unthawed for two days -have to use them up. Will be making shrimp coctail with some and spicey, butter, garlic w/the rest. Alfredo over spagetti, salad and crusty warm bread.

leftovers (so to speak), last nights dinner get eaten at all, unfortunately an argument broke out, which under normal circumstances doesn`t bother me if someone wants to pick a fight, but Not at meal times!
so I walked out to the local bar and had a Liquid dinner instead :)

Since tonight is my husband's ice hockey league night, he won't be having dinner at home, so it's just me. I bought myself a couple of nice lamb chops & plan to sprinkle them with some Penzey's "Hot Curry Powder", sear them quickly in a cast-iron pan, & serve them with some sauteed garlic spinach & some warm pita bread on the side. Yum - can't wait!!!

Well we had a roast chicken last night with all the fixings so it will be something beefy tonight. Ken requested tacos again, but I am SICK of tacos. LOL. I have to go out and shop a bit today so I may pick something up that inspires me otherwise it will be spaghetti night tonight.

Lefse, that carbonara recipe of Diannes is a winner. Enjoy.

I have to do a ton of cleaning tonight so I think I am going to make my Chinese Noodle Casserole, that way I can stick it in the oven and let it do the work for me. I'll serve it with white rice.

My husband is in the mood for buritos so I'm making those for him, but for myself I am in the mood for fish so I bought some flounder which I'll broil with some butter, lemon, bread crumbs, and garlic, and have a salad on the side.

So I ended up having buritos tonight. I bought the flounder and it was bad! As soon as I took it out of the bag I could smell the foul odor of rotten fish. I'll be bringing that back to my grocery store tomorrow for my money back seeing as it was very expensive.

Last edited:
Tonight I am going to a "Women In Film" function with my dear friend Sandy who is an actress. After the presentation there will be food there which is being catered.

Hubby, Savannah, & I had beef stew with rice, TC is having chocolate pudding. He woke up sick yesterday & hubby took him to the doctor today, he has strep throat again. I was just happy that he wanted something to eat, he hasen't eaten anything since Sunday night.

I made white enchiladas tonight (a cross between Alix's recipe and another one), black beans with lime, cilantro, and green onions, semi-homemade salsa and chips. I"M STUFFED! Some friends came over and decorated my tree so I cooked them dinner.

i hope you gave buck a clothes pin, k.t.e. :)

actually, that sounds pretty good.

yt, you're my kind of chemist. nothin' wrong with a liquid dinner in a peaceful pub now and then.

i made my limey thymey chicken picatta http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/limey-thymey-chicken-piccata-for-kadesma-25958.html?highlight=limey+thymey tonight in the downstairs kitchen. dw tried her first attempt at sausage and peppers in the upstairs kitchen.

i was supposed to be resting before going in to work, trying to get over a chest cold, but i remembered that i had a few huge chicken breasts that needed to be cooked or tossed out. so i dragged my butt off the couch and made the picatta. it was pretty good, but i started feeling so crappy that i didn't eat much. now i'm hungry, so i'll be off to big nick's on 77th and broadway for a lamb souvlaki platter, extra onion and tsatsiki.

Back
Top Bottom