What's for dinner? Tuesday, 12-18-18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Beautiful day here today, so I'm going to fire up the Weber and grill a rib eye. I found a beauty at Albertson's today, 1 1/3 lb and about 2" thick. Sides will be steamed broccoli and carrots.

What's on your plate? :chef:

Beautiful day here today, so I'm going to fire up the Weber and grill a rib eye. I found a beauty at Albertson's today, 1 1/3 lb and about 2" thick. Sides will be steamed broccoli and carrots.

Now that sounds good, enjoy!

Thank you Joey, I sure will! :yum: No way can I eat that whole thing at one meal, but my grandson Tyler will be here for dinner tomorrow evening. He'll help me finish it off. ;)

Breaded cube steaks, mashed potatoes and country gravy.. Roasted Brussels sprouts as a side..

Baked a quarter pan banana cake with cream cheese frosting, for later..

Ross

Mrs. T is out with the girls, so I tried a couple of different things. The Cuisinart griddler is a new purchase, so I tried marinated b/s chicken thighs. With the top down, they cook really fast. Not quite as flavorful as outside on the grill, but it's only 25 F outside (and still a bit windy tonight), so this was a lot more comfortable to prepare inside. Still, a good option in the winter.

While killing time on the trainer last week, I watched this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkJ0aJNzf1g&feature=youtu.be

Tonight I made the smashed potatoes (using red potatoes), and they were pretty darn good. Definitely a repeat.

Salad on the side.

Breaded cube steaks, mashed potatoes and country gravy.. Roasted Brussels sprouts as a side..

Baked a quarter pan banana cake with cream cheese frosting, for later..

Ross

Ross, do you have a recipe to share for the banana cake? I have 3 ripe bananas that need to be used. I was going to make a banana bread, but I'd like something different... :)

Kroger had USDA Choice Rib Roasts for $4.47 per pound today!!! But, that's not what I am eating. Those will be vacuum sealed and put in the freezer till after the holidays.

Tonight, it is Taco Tuesday at the doghouse. I'm using leftover short ribs.

CD

Last edited:
Cubed marinated b/s chix thighs. Marinated in a spicy bottled chili sesame ginger sauce and stir fried. Cooked rice, carrots and brussel sprouts.

Ross, do you have a recipe to share for the banana cake? I have 3 ripe bananas that need to be used. I was going to make a banana bread, but I'd like something different... :)

Certainly...
https://www.dessertfortwo.com/banana-sheet-cake/

Keep in mind that it will be a thin cake..

We like it a lot.. I feel that the cream cheese frosting is a bit too sweet so I will use half the powdered sugar next time..
She also has recipes for a chocolate and a pumpkin sheet cake..
I do a lot of her "for two" offerings.. :)

Ross

Attachments

• Banana Cake.jpg
    Banana Cake.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 107
Back
Top Bottom