What's for dinner Tuesday, 2/16/16?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
You know how they say not to try out a new recipe on people? Yeah, well, I hate being told what to do :LOL:

So tonight is the monthly master gardener association dinner meeting and I feel like making something different. I bought a book called "The Silk Road Gourmet," a cookbook with sections on the countries in western and southern Asia, and a bit of history thrown in, and decided to make a carrot and raisin rice pilaf from Afghanistan.

Here it is partway done: onions, carrots and raisins sautéing with a spice mixture. I've added rice and water with turmeric in it and it's simmering away. Hope people like it!

Attachments

• 1455659479091.jpg
    1455659479091.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Looks and sounds good to me GG. I'm with you about trying a new recipe on other people...what the heck, they try something new at no charge.;)

We're having thighs from last night and two beautiful field artichokes. :yum:

Looks yummy GG! We are having grilled teriyaki chicken thighs, jasmine rice, and roasted asparagus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leftover chicken nuggets and green bean casserole. I think half my freezers are made up of frozen packages of sliced green beans, every time DH goes shopping he comes home with another package of frozen green beans.

After listening to so many of you praising TJs orange chicken, I broke down and bought a bag. So, orange chicken over rice and a veggie.

Elk sausage sammy w/ swiss.

img_1455854_0_4caa1bfc4d47a5200d40461ea22f3c45.jpg

I could not warm up today, I wanted soup. We finished leftovers: Himself cleaned up the pineapple rice and the mac-and-cheese; I excavated some chicken and wild rice soup from "down below". Sure hope I'm warm by tomorrow, or supper will be pour-your-own glasses of Bourbon and rum. :LOL:

You know how they say not to try out a new recipe on people?...
That applies only to people who aren't confident in their cooking skills. You're good. ;)

That applies only to people who aren't confident in their cooking skills. You're good. ;)

Aw, thank you :winkiss: I got lots of compliments and people had fun trying to figure out what the spices were. It was a mixture of freshly ground peppercorns, cumin seeds, cardamom seeds, whole cloves and ground cinnamon. Very tasty and I have extra of the mix. Maybe I'll try it on chicken.

Hope you liked the TJ's orange chicken Andy. I do mine in some oil in a skillet and sometimes add some scallion and/or bell pepper, and always cut the sauce with extra orange juice. Anyway, I hope you liked it.

Craig made couscous salad with leftover frozen Cuban pork roast, black beans, corn, red bell, cilantro, onions, garlic, with a vinaigrette made from red wine vinegar and olive oil. Not real pretty to look at but tastes pretty darn good.

Hope you liked the TJ's orange chicken Andy. I do mine in some oil in a skillet and sometimes add some scallion and/or bell pepper, and always cut the sauce with extra orange juice. Anyway, I hope you liked it.

It was OK, Kayelle. I'm not a big fan of orange chicken in general but thought we should give it a try. We both thought it was OK to keep in the freezer for one of those nights when you don't really feel like cooking.

My thought too, Kay! :LOL: S&P needs to tell us the meaning of the Japanese ketchup symbol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom