What's for dinner? Tuesday 2-6-18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...Just curious... you do know that Christmas is over... right? :huh:...
Yes, but we still have snow. ;) I tend to leave those plates in the cupboard until the end of February, then pack them away and put the regular plates back.

I suppose this means I have to take the decorations off of my mantle? :huh:

Yes, but we still have snow. ;) I tend to leave those plates in the cupboard until the end of February, then pack them away and put the regular plates back.

I hope you took down your xmas tree, if it is a real one. I suspect it would be quite a fire hazard by now. :ohmy:

CD

Ha. You sound like me, CG. I have 'winter-ish' decorations that I leave out for a while after the Christmas décor is long gone. If I can't have a real winter here in SoCal, I like to at least have a few things out to remind me that it is winter somewhere. :ermm::LOL:

I was referring to her Christmas plate. ;)

CD

Oh, I got that! I was just playing off that and the fact my dinner was Christmasy! :)

I still have some Christmas decorations out because I haven't gotten the tote for them from my brother-in-law's house. He is bringing it tomorrow. I guess then I will have to de-Christmatize my house for real!

Last edited:
I hope you took down your xmas tree, if it is a real one...
No real one, since we spend weeks (this year almost four) back home with the kids over the Christmas holidays. I guess I leave things up so long since I have very little time from decorating to leaving - and I like having things in my own house even though we're gone.

Ha. You sound like me, CG. I have 'winter-ish' decorations that I leave out for a while after the Christmas décor is long gone...
You are my sister from another...mister? :ermm: :LOL: Seriously, if it's hearts or predominantly red? Probably up until Valentine's Day. I also figure that if it's snowmen or evergreen trees, it's fair game until the first day of spring. In honesty, though, most of it will be put away by Mardi Gras...so that I can put out my few Easter things! :D

No real one, since we spend weeks (this year almost four) back home with the kids over the Christmas holidays. I guess I leave things up so long since I have very little time from decorating to leaving - and I like having things in my own house even though we're gone.

You are my sister from another...mister? :ermm: :LOL: Seriously, if it's hearts or predominantly red? Probably up until Valentine's Day. I also figure that if it's snowmen or evergreen trees, it's fair game until the first day of spring. In honesty, though, most of it will be put away by Mardi Gras...so that I can put out my few Easter things! :D

Oh my, Fat Tuesday is next week!!! I had forgotten it was coming. I need to prepare for it NOW! I've already done my big pot-o-gumbo, I need to do something else. I think I am too late to order live crawfish, and don't know if I can get enough people on this short notice for a crawfish boil. What to do, what to do?

CD

Back
Top Bottom