What's for dinner? Tuesday, 3-7-17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm not sure yet here. :LOL:

I'm thinking a simple taco salad - chopped romaine and tomatoes topped with some leftover gr. beef, a couple of spoonfuls of drained black beans, shredded jack, and ranch dressing.

Or I might call for Chinese delivery. :mrgreen:

What's on your menu? :chef:

PIZZA! I have a dough ball and some pizza sauce defrosting. We have mozzarella, red and green bell pepper and pepperoni ready to go.

Still stumbling around after a very long and strange trip. Thinking tuna casserole.

Cheryl, Taco Salad Tuesday!! (I was thinking of that too, but...)

We had dinner early, work people going through again today, so we didn't get lunch...

001.JPG

Cod fillets cooked en papillote with some fresh green onions, thyme, flat leaf parsley and some of my homemade Meyer Lemon & Thyme Sea Salt

006.JPG

I also oven-roasted fresh Asparagus with some Olive Oil, granulated Garlic, Cracked Black Pepper and some more Meyer Lemon & Thyme Sea Salt, MMM!

And you've got to have some homemade Tartar Sauce made with Kewpie Mayo, oh man, heaven!

Mrs. Dear Friend says that she's already used up her jar of my infused salt and needs another! I need to see if the lemons are still available...I think I remember seeing them at Trader Joe's for less than at Sprouts, we'll see.

The other half of the oxtail ragu that we froze, with pasta and a side of sauteed swiss chard. I still can't get over how good oxtail is.

Mrs. Dear Friend says that she's already used up her jar of my infused salt and needs another! I need to see if the lemons are still available...I think I remember seeing them at Trader Joe's for less than at Sprouts, we'll see.

Your dinner looks delish Kgirl........but you gotta give up the info on the infused salt!
I have the Meyer lemon tree and a bunch of fresh thyme. :yum:

Our dinner tonight is going to be grilled rib eye and a basket of marinated veggies. Garlic toast for the SC.

Med, when did you make the oxtail ragu and can you tell me about it?

Oxtail is so unbelievably succulent and it's been sooo long since I've had any. A few years ago you could find it at Costco, but not now.

$5 off coupon from local favorite chain Italian restaurant with pasta in their name.

I'll get the Chicken Marsala - Cremini mushrooms, Marsala wine sauce, capellini.

Please correct me if I am wrong (Internet sites often present conflicting information) but it appears that Cremini mushrooms are often sold as "baby bella" which is what I buy at the supermarket. More than one website says they are merely immature Portobello mushrooms we all know. Whatever, I never buy plain white mushrooms any more--these are more tasty.

Including tax and coupon it's out the door under $13 including a nice half-loaf of bread.

...Please correct me if I am wrong (Internet sites often present conflicting information) but it appears that Cremini mushrooms are often sold as "baby bella" which is what I buy at the supermarket. More than one website says they are merely immature Portobello mushrooms we all know. Whatever, I never buy plain white mushrooms any more--these are more tasty.

Including tax and coupon it's out the door under $13 including a nice half-loaf of bread.

Crimini are indeed smaller versions of portobellos.

I don't find button mushrooms nasty at all.

I LOVE Rib Eye, but DH says now that's too "fatty" for him anymore... :ermm:
I buy Ribeye in bulk and eat it two or three times a week. It's my favorite cut of meat. If he's worried about the fat, tell him you know someone who eats it all the time and lost a bunch weight doing so. ;)

Dinner tonight... finished up the last of the cucumber salad I made on Sunday, along with a spicy pan fried poke chop. The sauce is homemade ghost pepper relish.

img_1502027_0_3304f0a52e1cac7d702dc5c933b7d0e3.jpg

I was out of the house most of the day. I stopped for a Whataburger fix (it's a Texas thing). So, I had at least a day's worth of calories and fat for lunch. Tonight, I'll just go with light snacks.

CD

I was going to make reuben sandwiches, but I didn't get home from running around doing estate stuff on time to throw the brisket in my new pressure cooker smoker. Maybe tomorrow. Instead, the Elders has roast beef sandwiches on homemade pumpernickel bread.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom