What's for dinner? Tuesday 4-5-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
It'll be a pork sirloin chop, just not sure yet how I want to prepare it. Either lightly breaded, browned, braised and with a mushroom gravy, or grilled on the Weber. I'm kind of leaning towards grilled - less fuss and it's such a beautiful sunny day.

Sides will be broccoli and cauliflower.

What's everyone having this evening? :chef:

That's what I'm having, too, Cheryl.

There's a pork chop in my fridge marinating in a dry rub of ground chipotle and garlic. I'm pan frying it. I'm also finishing leftover asparagus from a couple of nights ago.

There's baseball on the radio right now! (Technically, online via my phone - the modern "radio".) To celebrate the return of the Boys of Summer*, we'll be having hot dogs with Bertman's mustard, potato salad, and baked beans. A bottle of Great Lakes beer will wash mine down, while Himself will go rogue and probably have...some pop.

*Those "boys" play no matter what the weather. Game time temperature in Cleveland was 34 degrees Fahrenheit. At least it was sunny. That's good, right? :huh:

CG, I'm watching the same game as you. In honor of the game in Cleveland, we're having chili ? and cornbread for dinner.

Tex-Mex lasagna - tortillas, black beans, corn, tomatoes, chilies, shredded cheddar, ground turkey, and the usual Tex-Mex spices. Spinach salad.

Pork chops for us too! Must be a trend today. Started them brining about an hour ago. We are going to sear on the stovetop and then finish in the oven sitting on top of stuffing with a granny smith in it. Green beans and braised cabbage (had some leftover from last week's meals) on the side.

That's what I'm having, too, Cheryl.

There's a pork chop in my fridge marinating in a dry rub of ground chipotle and garlic. I'm pan frying it. I'm also finishing leftover asparagus from a couple of nights ago.

That sounds delicious Steve, and you gave me an idea. I don't have ground chipotle, but I do have a jar of Adobo seasoning from my last Penzey's order that I haven't tried yet. I'm going to try it on my pork chop. It's been marinating in the fridge, until grillin' time. :)

Last edited:
I planned on a cheeseburger, mac & cheese, and a Stella Artois, but I am having a cracked filling replaced this afternoon, so it might be just the Stella Artois, or several Stella Artois!

Cooking Goddess *Those "boys" play no matter what the weather. Game time temperature in Cleveland was [B said:
34 degrees[/B] Fahrenheit. At least it was sunny. That's good, right? :huh:

Is that why they cancelled the game yesterday. They said they closed it due to concern for the fans comfort. Funny, every fan was there ready and waiting up until the Indians cancelled due to bad weather. I'm sure the Indians couldn't handle the weather. Not like the Browns.

milford, I think the reasoning to cancel yesterday was both for the comfort of the fans (think about sitting in that damp 32 degrees for 4, 5, or six hours) and for the safety of the players. Gripping that ball is hard; Hamilton said it's like gripping a slippery cue ball Just think if one of the pitcher's loses control of a 95+ MPH fastball and hits a batter in the head. :ohmy: BTW, what did you have for supper? After all, that is the title of this thread. ;)

CG, I'm watching the same game as you. In honor of the game in Cleveland, we're having chili ? and cornbread for dinner.
Ah, we ate our chili yesterday. At least you get to top yours off with the flavorful taste of a win. Good game. Man, I hate Price. I was so happy to see him move out of the central.

Chicken thighs under a brick and a side of broccoli.

I marinated the chicken thighs in equal parts of fresh lemon juice and EVOO added lots of crushed garlic and hot pepper flakes.

That sounds delicious Steve, and you gave me an idea. I don't have ground chipotle, but I do have a jar of Adobo seasoning from my last Penzey's order that I haven't tried yet. I'm going to try it on my pork chop. It's been marinating in the fridge, until grillin' time. :)
I've used that adobo seasoning before, and it's pretty tasty stuff.

I'm doing thighs tonight also Bea. This is a new recipe for me, but this very talented blogger sure knows what she's doing with chicken thighs. I'm expecting this one to be as remarkable as the last recipe I used of hers.
Lemon Butter Chicken - Damn Delicious

That sounds good, I like the addition of the spinach!

It seems like I have a freezer full of chicken thighs, they have been on sale recently at Aldi for 49 cents a pound and I just can't resist a bargain! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Gee. Right now I'm enjoying a large glass of tepid water. I'm not allowed to walk around alone in the house, so I have to wait for my wife to get home and hopefully bring dinner.
And right now, its in the low 30's. And people are saying it snowed in 2007 when the Indians played. So whats the difference. Temps are the same, yesterday and today here in Cleveland.
And yes, this is a cooking forum, not a sports forum. I didn't bring up the Indians.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom