"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 04-05-2016, 01:52 PM   #1
Master Chef

What's for dinner? Tuesday 4-5-16

It'll be a pork sirloin chop, just not sure yet how I want to prepare it. Either lightly breaded, browned, braised and with a mushroom gravy, or grilled on the Weber. I'm kind of leaning towards grilled - less fuss and it's such a beautiful sunny day.

Sides will be broccoli and cauliflower.

What's everyone having this evening?

Old 04-05-2016, 01:59 PM   #2
Wine Guy

That's what I'm having, too, Cheryl.

There's a pork chop in my fridge marinating in a dry rub of ground chipotle and garlic. I'm pan frying it. I'm also finishing leftover asparagus from a couple of nights ago.

Old 04-05-2016, 02:41 PM   #3
Master Chef

There's baseball on the radio right now! (Technically, online via my phone - the modern "radio".) To celebrate the return of the Boys of Summer*, we'll be having hot dogs with Bertman's mustard, potato salad, and baked beans. A bottle of Great Lakes beer will wash mine down, while Himself will go rogue and probably have...some pop.

*Those "boys" play no matter what the weather. Game time temperature in Cleveland was 34 degrees Fahrenheit. At least it was sunny. That's good, right?
Old 04-05-2016, 02:45 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

CG, I'm watching the same game as you. In honor of the game in Cleveland, we're having chili 😀 and cornbread for dinner.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:49 PM   #5
Sous Chef

Tex-Mex lasagna - tortillas, black beans, corn, tomatoes, chilies, shredded cheddar, ground turkey, and the usual Tex-Mex spices. Spinach salad.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:01 PM   #6
Executive Chef

It will be some sort of baked cod, and with the oven on, some roasted asparagus.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:34 PM   #7
Head Chef

Pork chops for us too! Must be a trend today. Started them brining about an hour ago. We are going to sear on the stovetop and then finish in the oven sitting on top of stuffing with a granny smith in it. Green beans and braised cabbage (had some leftover from last week's meals) on the side.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:07 PM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
That's what I'm having, too, Cheryl.

There's a pork chop in my fridge marinating in a dry rub of ground chipotle and garlic. I'm pan frying it. I'm also finishing leftover asparagus from a couple of nights ago.
That sounds delicious Steve, and you gave me an idea. I don't have ground chipotle, but I do have a jar of Adobo seasoning from my last Penzey's order that I haven't tried yet. I'm going to try it on my pork chop. It's been marinating in the fridge, until grillin' time.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:49 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

My mom is in town overnight and she's taking us out for dinner. We're going to our local Mexican place.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:56 PM   #10
Executive Chef

I planned on a cheeseburger, mac & cheese, and a Stella Artois, but I am having a cracked filling replaced this afternoon, so it might be just the Stella Artois, or several Stella Artois!

Tags
dinner