What's For Dinner Tuesday, 9/26/06?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
I've got a chicken in a brine right now & it'll be cooked beer butt style. Along with the chicken we're having corn on the cob, baked beans, & Sierra Cooks dutch apple pie with vanilla ice cream.

PeppA and I went and bought a bunch of chickel legs last night. Tonight is Fried Chicken, Corn, not sure on the starch.

Paul
won't be here for dinner tonight so...

I think I'll have a p and J sandwich on toast.

pdswife said:
Paul
won't be here for dinner tonight so...

I think I'll have a p and J sandwich on toast.
You should drive up to my house, dh is working overtime tonight. I don't know if he'll be here for dinner or not, all I know is that I'm making cookies for him to take to everybody (and maybe a few for me too).

lol...I would LOVE to do that some time!

We should have arranged to meet this summer
when the sun was out. : )

vagriller said:
Wouldn't corn be the starch?

I think it depends on who is doing the cooking and who is doing the eating. Yes, corn is a grain. However, I think of sweet corn as a vegetable, while popcorn, cornmeal, hominy, masa, etc., is a starch.

We went and got some potatoes, so we'll be doing mashed pot's for a starch. I also have some frozen broccoli, and frozen sweet peas. I might do one of those instead, but I've had a hankerin' for some corn for awhile now.

Minestrone,salad and a kaiser roll-I had to share with Angel puppy-she was my only dinner companion tonight!:)

The weather change is working on my bones, I guess, but having I'm having a rough day today. I got out and had my hair done today (my sweet hair-dresser actually picks me up and brings me home), which always gives me a lift, but I just can't hardly get around. When Kim got home, I hadn't even thawed anything.
But he came to the rescue, again. He laid out some brats and buns for sandwiches. He'll fry the brats, then steam them in beer. I'm having a good stiff drink, so maybe, in a while, I'll be able to get up and slice some onions and peppers to caramelize.
Old age is not for sissies.

Guess I need a little cheese to go with my whine.

Tonight, we are having filets with mushrooms sauteed with butter and then some marsala and cream poured in to form a sauce, twice baked potatoes stuffed with bacon and cheese and sour cream and chives. I plan to toss some sliced and buttered french bread on the top of the steaks, then put the steaks on top of the bread to soak up any juices and serve it on the bread. I have some zucchini, that i just sliced the long way and put into a buttered dish, then I sprinkled it with salt,pepper, chopped parsley,fresh bread crumbs and some parmesan and shredded swiss cheese, then pour over some melted butter and baked, that is about it. no dessert, didn't have time today.

kadesma

What's for dinner?

Just got home from picking up Katie at the barn and Dad's not coming home until late, so it's baked potatoes and spring greens with a lemon vinagrette with extra virgin olive oil, a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper.

I made these noodles - they are really good. I cannot get Szechwan peppercorns, only a blend so I used that - they have a GREAT spice and bite from the vinegar. To go with them I have a flank steak marinating in some soy sauce and chili/garlic sauce and lime juice.

axeldbljumps said:
Boy, I'm feeling inept when I see what you all are cooking. Very impressive!

Don't be silly!!!! I would love for you to post your Lemon Vinaigrette recipe in the Salad Dressing Forum! I bet it's wonderful! Looking forward to seeing it.

axeldbljumps said:
Boy, I'm feeling inept when I see what you all are cooking. Very impressive!

More often than not at my house we have something like sloppy joes, hot dogs, or grilled cheese. And there's nothing wrong with that!:)

Back
Top Bottom