What's for Dinner Tuesday April 14th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight I'm planning on reheating the 2 leftover roasted duck quarters from Easter dinner, but this time serving them with buttered egg noodles & brussels sprouts.

we cooked scads of chix dishes again today- roast with an excellent gravy (roasting the chix & the gravy were my duties so there was my din-din/breakfast. also batonnet carrot, broccoli florets/tourne, & duchesse taters.)
also on the menu were grilled chix with fennel & rd. pepper coulis, macarie potatoes, (those were dry; i was disappointed in them), fried chix with sausage gravy, roasted glazed sguash, & chix chasseur.
Chef demoed chilled poached chix with watercress salad, jicama, mango & pecan vinagrette.
yummy!

Have a pot of green minestrone, will be grilling thick peppered pork chops, have some fingerling potatoes and baby carrots will grill those with some evoo and butter, an arugula salad with lots of avocado,and croutons, dressed with meyer lemon, evoo, honey and salt and pepper.Of course warm bread and butter...some pears,sauted in butter and brown sugar, add some of the pear juice reduce it plate the pears and pour over the reduced syrup and top with whipped cream cheese.
kadesma

Leftover Veal Marsala w/ Linguini. Salad, pinot noir; maybe DW picked up a loaf of pugliese bread - that would be an excellent addition. :chef:

We had leftover pork from the crown roast on Easter. I cooked some basmati rice and also some sweet peas with mushrooms. Our gs had a chocolate bunny for dessert and dh and I will have leftover blueberry dessert.

I made a yummy pork stir fry with asparagus and red peppers. Served it with brown rice. I'm having a chocolate almond breeze cocoa for dessert.

Found a "healthy" rcipe that sounded good, so I tried it. Ground turkey meatballs in a tomato sauce. It had chopped baby spinach and chopped fresh basil in it, along with oatmeal and egg white to bind. Also used 1/4 cup plain yogurt (no fat). Tomato sauce had gatlic and basil. Sounds good, huh? It was HORRIBLE! ! ! But it sure sounded good on paper. Silly me.......

I made Penne with Artichokes and Tomato (artichoke hearts and diced tomato in a creamy parmesan/garlic sauce over penne pasta)... I had a slice of wheat bread-n-butter with that. I'm bringing the leftovers for lunch!
img_813293_0_f05e8ec2ba5abe737fd06d5a65a0b182.jpg

For dinner I used a portion of a pork tenderloin, pounded it out thin, floured/seasoned it and then fried it, creamy lemon potato salad, green beans, sliced apple and corn.
The remainder of the tenderloin is marinating and will become char sui that I will use in Singapore rice noodles tomorrow night.

img_813312_0_085f890f7b04882a78ef33dfd7659982.jpg

SO is having surgery on her hand for a torn ligament on Thursday so she gets a special request meal.

I made a stuffed flank steak and mashed potatoes.

We had the first BBQ of the season! Sirloin steaks, potatoes and onions all done on the grill. Oh, nothing beats the taste of that very first spring BBQ.

Beautiful photo, marigene. The pork looks like it's fried to perfection. VB, your photo is great too. I love artichokes and would really like to have the recipe for the sauce.

Back
Top Bottom