What's for Dinner Tuesday April 28?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
It's looking like a cream of asparagus soup with a slice of leftover pizza....

on Sunday an unsuspecting friend stopped by and I unloaded onto him all the asparagus I had in the frig....but it's back:huh:

Ah, it's asparagus season already? The winter went by fast for me. The soup sounds good. The leftover pizza, not so much. :LOL:

I have to go to the market today, so I'm wide open for dinner. I just blogged a recipe for Dirty Rice, so maybe I'll make that.

Lemon and garlic roast chicken with aromatic rice and green salad. For dessert it is a piece of orange and chocolate cake which I baked for my doughter's birthday yesterday.

on Sunday an unsuspecting friend stopped by and I unloaded onto him all the asparagus I had in the frig....but it's back:huh:

Beth, I will be more than happy to take some of that asparagus off your hands - It can multiply all it wants in my fridge! :LOL:

DH's first of three days off so I get to cook meals on the normal schedule!

Tonight is pork schnitzel with onion gravy for Dad, mushroom gravy for me and a mixture of both (with cornstarch not flour) for DH. I bread it with a gluten-free crumb/rice flour mixture and they come out beautifully.

Sides I think are mashed spuds, carrots and salad. Hmmmm, asparagus would go quite nicely with that......

Hi! i'm having PAAAASTAAAAA!!! Salmon and Mascarpone cheese!

The recipe is very very easy:

70 gr penne each, 4 slices smoked salmon, 4 tablespoons mascarpone cheese, salt, parmisan

Preparation: Boil the penne into water with salt. In the meanwhile, whip the salmon and mascarpone together in a mixer, add a pinch of salt and place into a skillet. When the pasta is ready, take it off the water, drop into the skillet with salmon and sparkle with parmisan. Melt and toss. Serve immediately!

Suggestions: If you like to decorate your dishes, use some small slices of salmon and a small lemon slice, or parsley, and put on the top.

Beth, I just got this in my email and thought of you. I am going to try it as soon as the asparagus here is worth buying!

Asparagus and Emmenthal Omelet Roll-ups

If you try it, please let me know what you think!

skate wing saute, sauce veronique.
parmesan crusted chateau (delicious!)
roasted plum tomato
broccoli
poached salmon
maltaise sauce
grn. beans
battonet carrot with dill
leek pilaf
fried leek garnish (yum!)

bronzed seabass
ginger beurre blanc
we were SUPPOSED to have root veggie puree, till someone overcooked the veggies. he was humbled. :)
stir fried bok choy
fried yam tumbleweed

panfried catfish goujonettes (glorified fishsticks! shhhh.....)
hushpuppies (fantabulous!)
marinited grilled veggies
spicy remulade

& we were to cook bergen chowder & didn't. (oops.)
tasty, indeed!

My brother's wife is out of town until tomorrow so I'm going to Kevin's house and we're going to grill chicken, have baked potatoes, not sure what else. I also made some of my TNT chocolate cake for dessert. I've been marinating the chicken since last night. It's been turned so many times it probably feels like it's been on a rollercoaster.:LOL:

DH saw the post I made and so we are having cioppino, with crab,cod,shrimp, clams,scallops, with warm French bread and butter and a green salad..dessert, just ice cream sandwiches.
kadesma

Mark decided to go to Quizno's. He picked up a honey-mustard sub.

I'm having penne pasta in a parmesan cream sauce with sauteed mushrooms, onion, green pepper and proscuitto added at the end.... garlic bread on the side.

For dinner we had grilled steak, beets & carrots, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, fresh spinach sauteed with garlic & salad. And a Cabernet from Chile.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom