What's for Dinner Tuesday April 5th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I have to work a weird shift today (12-8) so I'm hoping there will be something left for me when I get home. There is a few dribs and drabs of leftovers in the fridge, but there is frozen pizza downstairs and some perohe. I suspect one of those will be dinner here tonight.

I'm either going to put a quick grill sear on the other half of the prime rib roast from the other night, with fries and grean beans, or grill some chicken wings. I'm leaning towards the ribeye steak.

I just finished lunch; leftover broccoli, risotto and a shrimp enchilada... I think I'm leaning more towards the chicken wings tonight now :pig:

Pork chops on the "water" grill, kartoffelpuffer (can't resist--probably will have some left for the freezer--I still have some Russian blue potatoes from the garden), and frozen green beans from last year's garden.

Lunch was a Salad Plate – Red & green butter lettuce, red onion, mushroom cap, vine tomato, black & green olives, hardboiled egg and anchovy fillets dressed with homemade dressing (EVOO, flax seed oil, lemon juice, fresh minced garlic, fresh chopped herbs (oregano, basil & parsley), ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, dry oregano and ground red pepper flakes) with a side of garlic bread and a glass of sugar free pink lemonade.

img_987130_0_64eafce7f228ac7d772472a626cbda45.jpg

Today, I made chicken fajita with Spanish rice.

Last edited:
I found some basil pesto that I froze and forgot. It is still good so I am tossing it with some pasta. I haven't figured out the rest yet. Any suggestions?

the game hen is not getting any fresher so that has to be dinner, with stuffing and a baked sweet potato. going to do something with filo and raspberry jelly for dessert.

This was Dinner – Corned beef (served with a mix of TJ’s Dijon whole grain, Gulden’s spicy brown and Tabasco hot mustards), cabbage, fresh steamed carrots and broccoli (seasoned with butter, sea salt, peppercorns and Trader Joe’s 21 season salute) and mashed taters (butter, sour cream and chives).

img_987241_0_4760ad78fd7e9eb67f9541215cfee326.jpg

Bacon, leek risotto with poached eggs using this we just pulled out of the garden.

leek.jpg

mofett, i like your mustard mix, gotta try that!

so craig, you went in your garden and took a leek? he hee
(yes it's childish, lol)

today is dw's 29th birthday, so after offering to take her out for korean bbq, japanese hibachi, thai, northern italian, southern italian, french, polynesian, malaysian, mexican, american bbq, seafood, moddle eastern, or polish/eastern european, she decided we'll just have sushi-sashimi tonight, and go out saturday.

(yes it's childish, lol)

today is dw's 29th birthday, so after offering to take her out for korean bbq, japanese hibachi, thai, northern italian, southern italian, french, polynesian, malaysian, mexican, american bbq, seafood, moddle eastern, or polish/eastern european, she decided we'll just have sushi-sashimi tonight, and go out saturday.

Glad to see you're in a good mood. You made me laugh several times today. Thank you.

(yes it's childish, lol)

I always sneak a leek when I can!;) Wait till I have to beet it!:)

BTW, is that 29 and holding for the DW? I remember a country song about 29 or was it 39 and holding everything he can.

You'all just have leek envy!

Craig

Last edited:

(yes it's childish, lol)

Thank you bucks!

I wish I could be 29 again!! Happy birthday to wifey!

Back
Top Bottom