What's for Dinner Tuesday, Aug. 26th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, the walleye with Panko crumbs was delish, and the redskins...well, there's nothing better than redskins IMHO.

img_672493_0_ef6f83ae29e0fd392b9cc953dc073b3c.jpg

Chased with a lovely rum & coke with a twist.

I gotta see what these panko crumbs are that everyone's been mentioning in these dinner threads. I have no idea.

That look real good Joe V. I love fried potatoes. Why the high praises for redskins? Something I should get and try? I mean, I know what redskin potatoes are, I just never bought them.

I gotta see what these panko crumbs are that everyone's been mentioning in these dinner threads. I have no idea.

That look real good Joe V. I love fried potatoes. Why the high praises for redskins? Something I should get and try? I mean, I know what redskin potatoes are, I just never bought them.

The Panco crumbs are also called Japanese bread crumbs. They are made using only the center of the bread, and not the crust, thus they are white in color. They are also larger in size than traditional crumbs, and are very crispy.

Me and DW love redskins, and in particular the baby redskins. The flavor is great and the skin is very thin so we just leave it on when we cook with them. Redskin potato salad is da bomb! :LOL:We just had that Sunday with mama's meatloaf burgers.

Joe

Thanks for the panko info.
And I might as well pick some of those spuds up. I AM half Irish afterall. Heaven forbid I go through life without buying a bag of redskins and eating them :LOL:

Are they multitasking spuds? Can I still mash them? I'll assume they don't bake well....

Thanks for the panko info.
And I might as well pick some of those spuds up. I AM half Irish afterall. Heaven forbid I go through life without buying a bag of redskins and eating them :LOL:

Are they multitasking spuds? Can I still mash them? I'll assume they don't bake well....

DW is half Irish as well. We have never baked redskins, but we have fried them, mashed them, boiled them and even used them for German potato salad. Go for it!

just mashed some inmy pink kitchenaid & she turned out a great batch!! jake threw in an extra 1/2 stick of butter when he thought i wasn't looking!:huh:

Bugers on the grill, fresh tomoates from the garden with fresh mozerella and basil, and scalloped potatoes

That's almost exactly what we're having, except with cheddar cheese and the potatoes are simply sliced Klondike Gold potatoes nuked with butter, salt, pepper and sweet onion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom