What's For Dinner? Tuesday, August 7th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The pasta salad we didn't have the night before and bread sticks.

We decided to go back to our new favorite restaurant last night. We sat in the front sun room and enjoyed a lovely view.

For an appetizer we had what they call the Michelangelo's Caprese - thick slices of fresh mozzarella and fresh tomatoes with fresh basil stacked and set on filed greens, all drizzled with olive oil and a balsamic reduction...pure summer heaven!!!

For dinner SO had the pot roast with carrots and the sided were asparagus and red-skin potatoes. We agree that the pot roast is the best we have ever had, just so fork tender!

I had what is called the Crab-a-Bella, a huge lump meat crab cake on a spinach-stuffed portabella mushroom all on a bed of jasmine mushroom rice.

For dessert we split their dessert crepe special - a very thin and light crepe filled with marscapone, strawberries and blueberries, topped with sweet whipped cream, more fresh fruit and a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.

We are heading back home this morning and planning to stop and try their breakfast menu before we leave. It should be a great ending to the vacation.

Go Karts.
Good times.
In 15 years or so I'll be looking for a Nascar sponsored by CBS with Homer on the rear quarter panel.

lol, pac.

i told my wife not to throw out the engine from the old lawn mower years ago. i had hoped he would help me build a kart one day, but when she found it hidden in the back of the shed and why i was saving it, out it went.

i think my current mower is getting kinda old, come to think of it...

Steve: Black Beans

It has been ages since I have had Cuban Arroz con Moro, rice with black beans or Feijoada, a black bean Brazilian stew with pork variety meats and tubers.

How do you prepare your black beans ?

Thanks,
Margi.

I've never heard of a cuban dish called "arroz con moro". I've heard of "moros y cristianos" which are rice and black beans cooked together. Is it the same dish from a different region?

You do take great photos of your food H :)

Magazine quality I reckon ;)

photography is part of how i earn a living....glad you like the snaps pac...the camera i use at home & for holiday snaps is a very old,cheap & cheerful olympus fe-230....only 7 megapix,but olympus have good lenses.most camera's on mobile(cell)phones have higher res these days.anyone can take a good pic with just about any camera or phone etc.it's more about the lighting,flash setting & angle than the actual camera a lot of the time imho.i have a high wattage non flicker flourescent above my work top & hob plates as well as a 150watt centre light so i knock the flash off,set the camera to super macro,knock off the zoom & move the camera until the shot is framed how i want it.that way you avoid the flash bouncing off wet surfaces & white ingredients don't flare out.i do use the flash & zoom in from a distance if i'm snapping frying/boiling/steaming...the flash cuts through the steam so you can see the food...same priciple as fog lights on your car.so that's 'ow 'harry does it,it's a lot easier than people make out;)!

You do take great photos of your food H :)

Magazine quality I reckon ;)
thanks k
probably photographed the exterior & dressed/photographed the interior of over 10,000 properties in my 26 year career as an estate agent so i reckon i'm starting to get the hang of it now!!.food is no different imo.as i said in my post even an old/relatively cheap camera like my home & holiday olympus(my work cameras are different)is capable of doing the job...just get the food looking as nice as poss,get the camera settings,lighting & angles right & bob's yer uncle,fannies yer aunt.
difference is i cook & eat the food i take pics of,unlike magazines where all you can do is look at someone else's work;)

Back
Top Bottom