What's For Dinner? Tuesday, August 7th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just had grilled chicken sausages with pasta and a delicious sauce my wife made up consisting of lentil soup, a little water, butter, kale, chopped broccoli, peas, 10 seasonings including wholewheat breadcrumbs, grated cheese and 2 drops of kraft light cream cheese ranch dressing. Purely experimental but boy did it work. The flavours were amazing.

Attachments

• dinner (2).jpg
    dinner (2).jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 147
Reruns from last night. Home Made Fresh Salsa w/Chips, Beef Fajita topped w/Salsa, Home Made Guacamole Low Fat Sour Cream. I will probably have that again tomorrow either for lunch or dinner.

Salmon en papillote, freshly tossed rabbit food with a drizzle of some kind of lemon based dressing, gotta see what else I can throw on the table.
That salmon en papillote would sound good if I liked cooked salmon. :ermm::LOL:

I haven't heard the expression, "rabbit food" in a while. Some of my friends say that vegetables are what food eats. ;)

Gorgeous looking plate, Harry. Magazine quality.

Lovin' the pasta dish, too. My kind of throw together meal.

This was my loaded up plate. And I've got another in da fridge :)

Attachments

• Pork Picatta.jpg
    Pork Picatta.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 144
Steve Kroll said:
We're having southwestern black beans over saffron rice. One of my favorite simple dinners. :yum:

I bet that was good. I just love black beans.

you've outdone yourself once again, harry.

nice, hearty looking plates pac and nybrit.

gg, those oaxacan jewels are mighty cool(s).

we had another great day trip down the shore today. my work hours suck, but it affords me a lot of time during human hours to be with my family.

we had a fun day swimming in the waves, alternating with walking far enough away from the lifeguarded areas to surfcast. unfortunately, we reeled in a lot of spider crabs that were stealing our bait, not much more.

later, we went to "off the hook" restaurant just over the bridge in highlands, nj.

the food was very good, but since it was such a pleasant evening out we decided to eat on their outdoor porch. what a mistake. since they rebuilt the old drawbridge into a higher "fly over" highway, hanging out on their deck is like eating in traffic. and to top it off they allow patrons to smoke at the adjacent outdoor bar area, which if the wind is blowing northwest, is like the old days of being seated in the first row of non-smoking on an airplane. maybe worse.

but again the food was really good. we all shared various versions of clam chowder, then salads, and then the grouper sammiches, bkackened or grilled. all very good.

then we headed over to keansburg amusement park for some rides and games. the kicker of the night was when my boy and i decided to try out the adult go-kart teack. the little guy was just tall enough (by the spikes in his short haircut) to reach minimum height, and off we went.

the little bastid started off just in front of me in 5th position, but after the first lap was in third, and then first by the second lap. he was blowing by everyone!

i guess his kart ran faster than all of the adults because ye was so much smaller and lighter, but he had no fear! pedal to the metal the entire way.

one guy even tried to "pit manuever"him in a turn and he steered out of it, putting the guy into the rail.

it was freakin' great!

i wasn't too happy as i cruised around the track a few karts back to make sure everything was ok, but as the race ended, the guy jumped out of his kart and shook my boy's hand, apologizing and commenting "he crushed us", so all was good.

we played a few more games, won more stuffed animals (toys for tots is gonna get a big contribution tbis year), hit up the batting cages, then went home.

and now i'm back at work.

lord help me if it's a busy night...

Last edited:
yep, another good one.
but now we have to hide our car keys because i'm sure he thinks he can drive.

lol.

Just had grilled chicken sausages with pasta and a delicious sauce my wife made up consisting of lentil soup, a little water, butter, kale, chopped broccoli, peas, 10 seasonings including wholewheat breadcrumbs, grated cheese and 2 drops of kraft light cream cheese ranch dressing. Purely experimental but boy did it work. The flavours were amazing.
chuck out the rule book ny...it's your food....sounds deeeeelish!

Looks lovely NYB....sounds very tasty :chef:

Lovin' the pasta dish, too. My kind of throw together meal.

This was my loaded up plate. And I've got another in da fridge :)

Looks like a nice lot of food there Pacanis :)

photography is part of how i earn a living....glad you like the snaps pac...the camera i use at home & for holiday snaps is a very old,cheap & cheerful olympus fe-230....only 7 megapix,but olympus have good lenses.most camera's on mobile(cell)phones have higher res these days.anyone can take a good pic with just about any camera or phone etc.it's more about the lighting,flash setting & angle than the actual camera a lot of the time imho.i have a high wattage non flicker flourescent above my work top & hob plates as well as a 150watt centre light so i knock the flash off,set the camera to super macro,knock off the zoom & move the camera until the shot is framed how i want it.that way you avoid the flash bouncing off wet surfaces & white ingredients don't flare out.i do use the flash & zoom in from a distance if i'm snapping frying/boiling/steaming...the flash cuts through the steam so you can see the food...same priciple as fog lights on your car.so that's 'ow 'harry does it,it's a lot easier than people make out;)!

Tuesday Dinner the 7th

:yum: Buongiorno, Good Morning,

Due to the final reforming of our kitchen, we decided to have a light bite in the historical Port ... We had:

a bottle of Prosecco Sparkling Rosé Wine

Calamari with a drizzle of lemon

A Panzanella Salad to share ( it was huge ) = a crouton bread salad with anchovies, tomato, black olives ... Similar to Caesar Salad ...

Kind regards and Have a lovely August,
Margaux.

Back
Top Bottom