What's For Dinner? Tuesday, August 7th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm making an Armenian recipe of seasoned ground beef and lamb. I'll make some pilaf and a tossed salad to go with it.

Olive blinis with raw oysters, cheddar, and mint creme fraiche or maybe Thousand Island dressing and rice.

Grilled hot dogs (we like Nathan's brand), and like our burgers, we all like something different.
Mine with beef chili and onion rings crushed on top
DH with raw onion, spicy mustard and relish
DS with ketchup (ick!- lol!)

I'll shred some cabbage and carrots for coleslaw on the side, dressing is mayo, cider vinegar, sugar, s&p

Pork Piccata, enough for leftovers. I'll be breaking out the 5.5 qt saute pan.
I'm just praying the town grocer got in some fresh criminis to replace what I saw in there yesterday...

Inspired by delia prompted by gravy

so my fellow gastronauts i'm chatting to gravy this morning & i happened to mention a dish in delia smiths summer collection(1993...where DOES the time go?) that i hadn't cooked.she had & said it was fab...so here is my version,wonderful if for no other reason than my apartment now smells like a french bistro....right about the smell too gravy:)!!
poulet au vinaigre...nope,sorry,can't do that posh pretentious stuff...spatchcock baby chicken in sherry vinegar with tarragon,girolles,creme fraiche,shallots,garlic & home grown baby new potatoes.chilled bordeaux rosé

Attachments

• CHICKEN IN VINEGAR 001.JPG
    CHICKEN IN VINEGAR 001.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 149
  • CHICKEN IN VINEGAR 002.JPG
    CHICKEN IN VINEGAR 002.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 136
  • CHICKEN IN VINEGAR 003.JPG
    CHICKEN IN VINEGAR 003.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 146
  • CHICKEN IN VINEGAR 004.JPG
    CHICKEN IN VINEGAR 004.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 150
  • CHICKEN IN VINEGAR 005.JPG
    CHICKEN IN VINEGAR 005.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 139
  • CHICKEN IN VINEGAR 006.JPG
    CHICKEN IN VINEGAR 006.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 141
  • CHICKEN IN VINEGAR 007.JPG
    CHICKEN IN VINEGAR 007.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 143
  • CHICKEN IN VINEGAR 008.JPG
    CHICKEN IN VINEGAR 008.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 133
  • CHICKEN IN VINEGAR 009.JPG
    CHICKEN IN VINEGAR 009.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 145
  • CHICKEN IN VINEGAR 010.JPG
    CHICKEN IN VINEGAR 010.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Salmon en papillote, freshly tossed rabbit food with a drizzle of some kind of lemon based dressing, gotta see what else I can throw on the table.
the rabbit maybe or the turkey(wild of course)? sounds like a tasty feast to me hoot:yum:!

I am likin' the look of them spatchcock baby chickens....Imma have to see about that soon!
dead easy hoot,brown 'em up,brown your shallots & garlic,chicken back in pan,add sherry vinegar,sherry & tarragon,30 mins simmering,add your mushrooms & creme fraiche,microwave your spuds & chuck 'em in,stir,job done!

BLT sandwich. I just had one last week. Need another one. I think I will just cook the remainder of the bacon package and be done with it.

Whiskadoodle said:
BLT sandwich. I just had one last week. Need another one. I think I will just cook the remainder of the bacon package and be done with it.

I haven't had a blt in ages. I'll have to make some soon!

That sounds good! I'm going to make that, too, with one of the gorgeous Oaxaca Jewel tomatoes from the garden :) And a small green salad alongside.

Attachments

• oaxaca-jewel.jpg
    oaxaca-jewel.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom