What's for Dinner Tuesday Dec 15th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After the lunch I had Miss Beth...I don't NEED anything....Probably will bake a Sweet Tator, Cook a pork chop, Eat some Chocolate Ice Cream and go-to-bed!!! Me a tired puppy........

Since I'm getting things ready for Miss Olivia to have her very first luncheon, mac and cheese, veggie platter and fruit platter, juice or milk, cookies and little graham tins filled with pudding tomorrow, I'm decorating the kitchen early for Christmas..So our dinner will be meat loaf,part pork and park beef, roasted potatoes, green beans and pancetta, and french rolls. Dessert no way unless they want ice cream...
kadesma :LOL:
Lordy I'm tired!!!

After watching "Cooking Academy" last night, I thought I might want to fix a gratin, and I do have some Yukon Golds, but with a busy afternoon, time got away from me, so I shifted gears and made something more simple and quicker.

I dug the mandolin out from the back of a lower cabinet, sliced two medium sized potatoes, heated vegetable oil in the cast iron skillet, and fried them until crispy around the edges. Instead of just sprinkling them with salt and pouring ketchup on the side of the plate, I rummaged through my spices and found half a dozen flavors that transformed ordinary half-cooked but well drained potato chips, into a nice and interesting treat.

I often enjoy playing with my food! :LOL:

Oh, I nearly forgot to mention:

The potatoes were dressed (not all the same - but different selections) with: Garlic powder, curry, cardamom, wasabe, Italian Seasoning mix, and two dipping sides: sweet balsamic vinegar, and strawberry puree.

I have baked mac-n-cheese in the oven, and it should be ready in 5 minutes. I had some baby carrots to use up, so I roasted those in a little olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. That is the side dish.

Last edited:
jake finally cooked my roast beef/gravy. was only boxed gravy powder with a slice of 'talino bread, dietz & watson londonbroil, & prepared cheddar smashed taters, & was kinda yummy, considering.

Tonight I did a chicken and strawberry stir fry with some fried rice. The chickn and strawberries were very interesting together. Not a dish that would become a go to I don't think, but it was certainly a change of pace.

"Thit kho" Vietnamese Caramelized Braised Pork Belly and Eggs.

4189413230_a8de71f99f.jpg

Vegetarian fried rice with broccoli, scallions, scrambled egg pieces, green peas, mushrooms, etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom