"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-20-2005, 07:24 PM   #1
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
What's for dinner Tuesday, December 20th?

Is anybody eating this evening?!?!?!

We are keeping it simple and having soup and salad.

shannon in KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:29 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Our neighbor brought us lots of venison sausage, so we had some of that tonight. It was really good.

Old 12-20-2005, 07:35 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Chile poblano chicken enchiladas using flour tortillas, topped with melted Mexican white Oaxaca cheese, sour cream, sliced avocados, side salad, Spanish rice - marinaded sirloin steak with wine gravy, cole slaw and roasted cayanne/paprika spiced potatoes - made enough for leftovers for tomorrow's lunch
Old 12-20-2005, 07:37 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Steak and baked potatoes.

I'm also doing a trial run of a Magicl Lemon pie.
I've never made a meringue topping before. Wish me luck.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:58 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Good luck Pds that is my favorite pie..Mom always made me one for my birthday instead of a cake I love lemon...
Dinner okay Easy tonight steamed clams but I'm making them a little different, to the clam juice after clams have opened and been removed I added the clam broth to a thick creamy sauce made of flour,butter, I cooked the clams in shallots,garlic,a bay leaf,white wine clam juice and a little lemon juice, then added them back into the sauce when done I sprinkled with fresh chopped parsley..I just served hot french bread and butter and we dipped that into the sauce..DH had a small salad, I just had the clams and bread...YUM
kadesma
Old 12-20-2005, 09:03 PM   #6
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
That sounds wonderful, Kadesma! I have never had fresh clams, but they do sounds yummy yummy!!!!!

shannon in KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:14 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
Good luck Pds that is my favorite pie..Mom always made me one for my birthday instead of a cake I love lemon...
Dinner okay Easy tonight steamed clams but I'm making them a little different, to the clam juice after clams have opened and been removed I added the clam broth to a thick creamy sauce made of flour,butter, I cooked the clams in shallots,garlic,a bay leaf,white wine clam juice and a little lemon juice, then added them back into the sauce when done I sprinkled with fresh chopped parsley..I just served hot french bread and butter and we dipped that into the sauce..DH had a small salad, I just had the clams and bread...YUM
kadesma

OH YUMMMMMMMMY! That sounds so wonderful!
Old 12-20-2005, 09:33 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks Kadesma.
I love lemon too.
The pie looked really good when it came out of the oven. The little peaks were such a pretty color of golden brown. They still are but.... the topping seems to be very soft... I'm hoping it firms up a little in the fridge. Paul won't be home for about an hour so I'm sure it'll be close to 9 or 9:30 before we can sample a piece.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:02 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks Shannon and Pds,
I have to admit, they turned out pretty well...Now if I hjust had some of that famouns lemon meringue pie

kadesma
Old 12-20-2005, 10:03 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

come on over!!!!