What's for Dinner, Tuesday December 30th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Breakfast! Cheese omelets, fresh breakfast sausage links, fresh refrigerator dough rolls and mandarin oranges.

Wish I knew. Got stuff but nothing sounds good tonight. Maybe go out? Check with DW. If we were a little closer (3000 miles) we'd hitch a ride with VeraBlue - sounds delish!

We had planned on ham and scalloped potatoes but we decided to finish off leftovers once and for all tonight.....
including the bottle of shiraz......
:)

BBQ chicken breasts .. finally something besides red meat ..
scalloped potatoes and some broccoli

We grilled burgers outside (it's 34 degrees) with onions/mushrooms and swiss cheese. Made french fries and a salad. The burgers were delish!!!!

Barb

Lou and I are going into the city to see the Rockefeller tree one last time...then heading over to Carnegie Deli for inordinately stuffed pastrami sandwiches, crunchy pickles and egg creams.

Oh my--that would have been heaven to my mom and dad--add some corned beef--wow!

After a meal like that I always buy either a joyva jelly or a piece of marble halvah.

*jealous* that sounds reeeeally good!

I am making chicken paninis tonight... grilled chicken all sliced up with red/yellow/orange bell pepper, red onion, mozz cheese slices and pesto on ciabatta bread. Not sure what to have with it, but they are pretty filling so maybe nothing :)

oooh your panini sounds wonderful. do you use a special panini grill/cooker? :chef:

I'm batter frying some Basa fillets with a yellow rice ensemble. And wine. I must have me some wine tonight. Yum. Wine. ;)

Oh! And some cole slaw.

Dinner? You have to be kidding.

After the lunch Constance, her DH (Kim) and I had, I won't have to eat for a year. We ate like royalty at an Argentine restaurant. I'm as stuffed as the Thanksgiving turkey and it's been 5 hours since we finished lunch.

*jealous* that sounds reeeeally good!

I am making chicken paninis tonight... grilled chicken all sliced up with red/yellow/orange bell pepper, red onion, mozz cheese slices and pesto on ciabatta bread. Not sure what to have with it, but they are pretty filling so maybe nothing :)

i had a roast beef, cheddar and onions panini for dinner with some whole cranberries sauce. the sandwich was frozen one. very good. they come in clever little pack with a shiny area to help with browning in micro. fast and super good. :chef:

This is just the way I use up leftover steak. I like to add little chunks of goat or blue cheese and some thinly sliced red onions too.

Dang! Now I'm hungry for a steak salad. :ermm:

Anytime I have leftover steak... (which is rare), it ends up as a salad. It is soooo good! I'm gonna be making me some steak soon!!!

Dinner? You have to be kidding.

After the lunch Constance, her DH (Kim) and I had, I won't have to eat for a year. We ate like royalty at an Argentine restaurant. I'm as stuffed as the Thanksgiving turkey and it's been 5 hours since we finished lunch.

No kidding! What we ate would feed a small village in Africa...for a week!

By the way, I sure liked that gaucho!

I am so glad you had such a good time together, Katie and Constance!

Well, I made the eggplant parmigiana but didn't end up with the vegitarian meal I had planned it. We bought 6 kilos of ground beef that I made into burger patties for the freezer and ended up having burgers with the eggplant. It was nice.

Back
Top Bottom