"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 12-06-2005, 01:28 PM   #11
Executive Chef
I'm feelin ''Italiano''

I am one for cooking dinner early so the house smells good all day long. That's the case for today too. I started with ground beef and meatballs I made and were frozen. I didn't much care for the meatballs, I added something not quite right to them, like orange juice, cumin, corn breading. Too sweet, so now in the worlds largest skillet, is the frozen gb, the frozen mb's, onion, s&p, garlic, 2 strips of fried bacon cut up tiny, 1 T of hard cooked egg yolk crumbled, white wine, and 2 large cans of Pomma Doro (SP) whole tomatoes in juice that I squished until my fingers hurt. It's been cooking about 3 hours now and smells like Tuscany in this house. Over typical spaghetti noodles, with garlic bread and green salad, that'll do 'er for din din. In other words, it's my version of Spaghetti Bolognese.
FYI, I just tested/tasted the sauce, it could not be better. I can't believe how fortunate I am to have succeeded there. Same as the experience someone had with their makeshift gumbo/jambalaya that turned out spectacular for them yesterday. Sheesh, we're on a roll here~!~

Originally Posted by texasgirl
Some kind of apple pork chops. Don't know how I'm doing it yet.
Lone Star Grill in Cleveland Ohio is located in the Flats; one night I had dinner there. It does 'the' best apple pork chops. All I remember is that they're pretty fat little chops (your order comes with 1) that appear to have been quickly browned on both sides. Then thin complete round slices of peeled apples are put atop of them in a carmel bourbon glaze probably wrapped in foil completely then baked. You get your chop with the baked apples on top, seeping in the nice thick lusious glaze that is piping hot. More of the apples are served along side in a little round ramiken gooey in their sauce. I really loved my meal that night . Sorry I couldn't be of more help but you mentioned apples and pork and that came to mind .

...Trials travel best when you're taking the transportation known as prayer...SLRC
LEFSElover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 02:12 PM   #12
Master Chef
Some kind of apple pork chops. Don't know how I'm doing it yet.

texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 04:54 PM   #13
Senior Cook
Send a message via AIM to 240brickman Send a message via Yahoo to 240brickman
A salad topped with some leftover grilled pork loin (and probably crumbled feta). With a raspberry vinaigrette. I think I have some sourdough batard leftover, so I'll have that alongside.

Gonna wash it down with beer, in case you're wondering. :D

Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work--Aristotle

240brickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 04:56 PM   #14
OK, change of plans here, we are having farmer's sausage and perohe for dinner by special request of my youngest.

Brickman...LOVE YOUR SIG!
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 04:58 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
Probably a raid-the-fridge night, everybody for themselves. I'm just not in the mood tonight to be creative.
Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 06:00 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
If all goes as planned we're FINALLY gonna put up the tree.
So, I'm just making BLT's for dinner. Fast and easy.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 06:51 PM   #17
Executive Chef
I'm having cold cuts again, something like a club sammy with the works. That figures, I really want to do some cooking but a dead range/oven SEVERELY limits the menu. Couldn't have happened at a worse time! GRRR! *sigh*
DampCharcoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 06:55 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire
Just easy tonight, I had some of those really thin slices of beef so I'm going to saute them, then grill some onions in evoo and a little butter, shred some lettuce, slice up some tomato, and avocado and put this into a long soft roll, that I've buttered and put under the broiler to get nice and hot and melt some jack cheese..Fries and that's it..Then we're off to see the granddaughters sing in a church school Christmas play...

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 10:03 PM   #19
Master Chef
I have been planning to make this dish for awhile and just have never got around to it. Mexican Spuds. Which is basically a baked potato topped with taco toppings. The recipe is in the link below if anyone is interested.

Mexican Spuds

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote