"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-06-2005, 12:40 PM   #1
Master Chef

What's for dinner Tuesday, December 6th?

caviar on water crackers sounds like dinner to me!

Old 12-06-2005, 12:50 PM   #2
Everymom

Where's your champagne to wash it down luvs?

Not sure whether it will be clean out the fridge night here or if I will do some chickeny thing. Leaning to chicken at the moment.

Old 12-06-2005, 12:54 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
You know, I have about 25 minutes before I have to come up with something, and I still have no idea, lol...Chicken does sound pretty good Alix, hmmmm

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 12:55 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

that's good for starters, luvs, but that can't be the whole meal, unles you got the giant tub of caviar and box of crackers at costco. mmmm, caviar in a 55 gallon drum...

i'm making something new; haven't worked out all of the details. i have chicken breasts, that will be pounded thin, and rolled up with ham and muenster cheese, and some sage leaves.
i was thinking of rendering some bacon, or chorizo in evoo, then frying the floured chicken rollups for a minute, draining off the fat, then making a white wine/butter/rosemary sauce, and finishing it in the oven. on the side will be roasted potatoes, and probably a can o' corn.

i'm open to anyone's suggestions on how to better this dish.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:05 PM   #5
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Something with ground beef. Not too thrilled about it but I'll live! I may make my ground beef potato casserole thingy tonight.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:09 PM   #6
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
i was thinking of rendering some bacon, or chorizo in evoo, then frying the floured chicken rollups for a minute, draining off the fat, then making a white wine/butter/rosemary sauce, and finishing it in the oven. on the side will be roasted potatoes, and probably a can o' corn.
OK, liking this idea, and I may just scoop it for dinner tonight. I likely will modify and use bread crumbs/parmesan cheese for my coating and just bake them in the oven sans the frying. Do the bacon and make a white wine, alfredoish type of sauce as I have some cream to use up. Sounds yum buckytom!
Old 12-06-2005, 01:17 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Sauteed shrimp with scallions, mushrooms, red peppers, and sundried tomatoes, and a sprinkle of parmesan and some garlic, and then I put that on top of spaghetti. The oil that I add while sauteeing make for a good sauce once mixed with all the veggies.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:18 PM   #8
Master Chef

tee-hee, guys, gotta have some caviar in between those days of cold raviolis!
Old 12-06-2005, 01:20 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Wow Bucky and Alix! I'll be stopping by for dinner at both your houses, as you know I'm supposedly "eating for two." :)

We will be having SDS, second day soup. It's always better the second day.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:49 PM   #10
Head Chef

Since it is just myself for dinner this week I will probably be eating a lot of breakfast food and soup for dinner. Tonight will be waffles and something else. Haven't decided yet.