"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #1
Executive Chef

What's for Dinner Tuesday Feb 10?

I'm cooking pork chops in onion sauce, sweet corn and baked yukon gold potatoes.

this time of the year, I am down to the small potatoes, so I will use my PC baking pan and bake off about 40 small potatoes....I just love the skin to flesh ratio with the small spuds

what are you fixing?

Old 02-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #2
Sous Chef

I'm cooking Scotch Braising Beef in Guiness, 2 days worth..put the beef in the Guinness last night to marinade & help break down the meat for extra tenderness.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
Assistant Cook

Last night I bought one of those rotisserie chickens that grocery stores all have now... shredded the meat and tonight I will use it in a big pot of sweat corn and white bean (Great Northern's have been soaking all day) stew... I'll add some freshly chopped and sauteed garlic, Anaheim peppers, onions and red pepper. A little bit of corn bread with green chillies on the side... can't wait.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
Master Chef

Lasagna - but a bought one, we didn't had time to prepare ourself... I must admit we cook very rarely these days...
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

shrimp, green salad, French bread.

I'm trying something diff w/the shrimp, using a rub I saw on Paula's show for something else. I think it's about 1/2 to 1 cup of brown sugar with 2 T of chili powder. I'm going to oil the shrimp first and them dredge in that mixture. Since they are already cooked, just nuke them very quickly under the broiler.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #6
Senior Cook

Hubby will be having a hot turkey sandwich; I can only do turkey once or twice a year so I will be having shrimp with harissa and couscous.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Well, I'm having tonight what I was going to have last night ~ chicken breast rolled up with stuffing. I had a blast pounding out the chicken. I had never done that before :) Sides will be cranberry sauce and turnip greens (not that DD will eat the greens) and salad for DD.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:26 PM   #8
Assistant Cook

Send a message via AIM to oatmealkookie1
I have Pork Chops browned and in the crock pot ... Will fix rice and green beans
Old 02-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #9
Sous Chef

I think individual pizzas. dh is in florida and it's just me and the kids, and they like that.

pineapple pizza anyone ?
Old 02-10-2009, 03:34 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Just finished up some meat balls and have my gravy going need to add in some of the mushroom liquid and let it simmer awhile.Then we will have some spaghetti and meat balls, hot Italian bread and butter escarole,avocados,onions,croutons and broccolini in evoo and balsamic vinegar.Dessert some vanilla pudding and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies

kadesma