What's for Dinner Tuesday Feb 10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I'm cooking pork chops in onion sauce, sweet corn and baked yukon gold potatoes.

this time of the year, I am down to the small potatoes, so I will use my PC baking pan and bake off about 40 small potatoes....I just love the skin to flesh ratio with the small spuds;)

what are you fixing?

I'm cooking Scotch Braising Beef in Guiness, 2 days worth..put the beef in the Guinness last night to marinade & help break down the meat for extra tenderness.

Last night I bought one of those rotisserie chickens that grocery stores all have now... shredded the meat and tonight I will use it in a big pot of sweat corn and white bean (Great Northern's have been soaking all day) stew... I'll add some freshly chopped and sauteed garlic, Anaheim peppers, onions and red pepper. A little bit of corn bread with green chillies on the side... can't wait.

Lasagna - but a bought one, we didn't had time to prepare ourself... I must admit we cook very rarely these days...

shrimp, green salad, French bread.

I'm trying something diff w/the shrimp, using a rub I saw on Paula's show for something else. I think it's about 1/2 to 1 cup of brown sugar with 2 T of chili powder. I'm going to oil the shrimp first and them dredge in that mixture. Since they are already cooked, just nuke them very quickly under the broiler.

Well, I'm having tonight what I was going to have last night ~ chicken breast rolled up with stuffing. I had a blast pounding out the chicken. I had never done that before :) Sides will be cranberry sauce and turnip greens (not that DD will eat the greens) and salad for DD.

I think individual pizzas. dh is in florida and it's just me and the kids, and they like that.

pineapple pizza anyone ?

Just finished up some meat balls and have my gravy going need to add in some of the mushroom liquid and let it simmer awhile.Then we will have some spaghetti and meat balls, hot Italian bread and butter escarole,avocados,onions,croutons and broccolini in evoo and balsamic vinegar.Dessert some vanilla pudding and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies

kadesma

I am cooking egg plant bharta and chapattis in dinner.For more Indian recipes pls visit
my blog:

My experiment worked out great and DD even said I could make it again. The greens weren't good, I forgot to wash them so that's probably what happened but the rest was great.

17416-albums95-picture1609.jpg

Last night was pizza

I like mine hand tossed and grilled but I made this one for the wife.

Butter sauteed Onions, Orange sweet pepper and mushrooms. Homemade pizza sauce, Neeses Sausage, Green Olives, pepperoni with whole milk Mozzarella, Monteray Jack and Parmesan cheeses all on a homemade crust.

It was good enough to eat!

My first post so be kind:)

pizza.JPG

Tuesday is my afternoon for reading to my older/blind friends and tutoring a second grade friend. So when I get home it's usually instant all the way. I love Kitchens of India food for the purpose, with pickles/chutneys from Patak's line.

We had smoked sausage and fresh kielbasa in sourkraut with pierogis on the side. (no other veg, I cheated).

I like mine hand tossed and grilled but I made this one for the wife.

Butter sauteed Onions, Orange sweet pepper and mushrooms. Homemade pizza sauce, Neeses Sausage, Green Olives, pepperoni with whole milk Mozzarella, Monteray Jack and Parmesan cheeses all on a homemade crust.

It was good enough to eat!

My first post so be kind:)

pizza.JPG
WoWzers! That is a might good-looking pizze you have there, and the topping sound super-tasty!
drool.gif
Great picture!
Do you have a recipe for the pizza crust? I have a couple, but i'm always looking for a new one.

Thanks!

My goto dough is Peter Reinhart's Napoletana Pizza Dough Recipe: this is the best pizza dought I have ever used. The recipe is at the bottom of this page: Oops no URL's allowed yet... If you Google it, it will be at the top of the search results;-)

The dough used in the pizza in the photo is from King Arthur Flour Company and you can find it here: Oops no URL's allowed yet... Oh well just search recipes for pizza at KAF and it will be the first recipe to be returned.

I like the first one ten times better but it is always fun to try new things. I started a batch of butter pecan ice cream tonight....

Take Care;-)

WoWzers! That is a might good-looking pizze you have there, and the topping sound super-tasty!
drool.gif
Great picture!
Do you have a recipe for the pizza crust? I have a couple, but i'm always looking for a new one.

Back
Top Bottom