What's for Dinner, Tuesday, Feb 6, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
It's still cold here today so I'm rummaging in the pantry for soup ingredients for me. I think I'll put together a chicken stock base and load it with white beans, spinach, carrots, chopped tomatoes, garlic, red onion and some cheese tortellini. I've pulled left-over stuffed peppers out of the freezer for DH.

What are you having today?

Pasta with a salmon sauce. DH is off tomorrow for UK (yippee, he was ment togo this afternoon, but can now go tomorrow!) but I'm not eating tonight.

Had some leftover chickpea soup so decided to make Hummus with it. Also did guacamole, and a salad consisting of rocket, mushroom & cheese.

Fixing what I was suspose to fix yesterday - Pork steak w/onions, potatoes, gravy and roasted broccoli -- chocolate pecan pie for dessert.

I have white beans left over from last night - thinking taking ham shanks out of the freezer and doing something with that - or chicken chili as someone suggested yesterday. it's warm here! So. Cal.

I am having an unexpected four mouths showing up for dinner, grumble grumble. So plan B is, potato soup made with canned potatoes, need to find a loaf of bread in the freezer, and a pumpkin pie we were sent home with over the week-end. My fear is they will come, along with the snow, and be stuck here overnight...aaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhh

not a happy camper

A friend gave me a nice venison roast yesterday, so I made chili while cooking last nights dinner. I've got pinto beans soaking now and will fix them and some jalapeno/chedder cornbread to accompany the chili tonight:chef:
Brrrrrr, it's cold!

Leftover seafood gumbo, mixed greens salad, and french bread that I made in my new french loaf pans-------we had it on Sunday for 10 people and we won't mind "blessing" it again. LOL!

Slight change of plan, a mixture of filled pasta nfrom supermarket: Agnolotti al nero di seppia con salmone (black with salmon filling), and Agnolotti casereci con carciofi (white with artichoke filling) and an excellent bottle of spumante, that cost 80 cents!

Barb L. said:
Fixing what I was suspose to fix yesterday -

This happens to us so many times. Tonight will be another of those nights. Waiting for HH to get home (time always uncertain) so we can face the gym before thinking about food.

Homemade pizza here. I got off work early due to a snowstorn here so I had time to make the dough and sauce. I made berry streudel bars too.

I picked up some smoked chicken and flour tortillas so am making smoked chicken quesadillas with Monterey Jack cheese. I have some guacamole, chopped cilantro,red onion, to add on. I picked up some extra avocados and a grapefruit and pomegranate seeds at the store and those will be a salad. Plan to use some avocado oil and grape fruit juice with salt and pepper as well as the pomegranate seeds over the top. I am going to try something kind of goofey for dessert, slices of blood oranges lightly sprinkled with vanilla sugar then a small scoop of orange sorbet..I can't wait to see how that flies around here:LOL:

kadesma

chicken cutlets with mustard and white wine sauce served with asparagus, skillet potatoes, and green salad

abjcooking said:
chicken cutlets with mustard and white wine sauce served with asparagus, skillet potatoes, and green salad

Mmmm, sounds yummy, abj.

We're having ribeye steaks, baked potatoes and asparagus spears.

Everyones meals sound wonderful to me today. I started to respond back to everyone and ran out of finger power.:LOL: For all of you in the deep freeze, stay warm, cozy up with your cutie, and sip on some good hot tea. Oh, have some for me too............!:rolleyes:
PA Baker said:
It's still cold here today so I'm rummaging in the pantry for soup ingredients for me. I think I'll put together a chicken stock base and load it with white beans, spinach, carrots, chopped tomatoes, garlic, red onion and some cheese tortellini. I've pulled left-over stuffed peppers out of the freezer for DH.
What are you having today?
sounds wonderful, wish I was closer!

boufa06 said:
Had some leftover chickpea soup so decided to make Hummus with it. Also did guacamole, and a salad consisting of rocket, mushroom & cheese.
yummo, how far again is Greece?
Michelemarie said:
It is so cold here -- the kitchen is screaming chili!
well sheessh, so am I...........wish I could hop on a plane and make it for you, you could sip wine and I'd do the cookin in the pretty tidy lovely kitchen of yours!
Barb L. said:
Fixing what I was suspose to fix yesterday - Pork steak w/onions, potatoes, gravy and roasted broccoli -- chocolate pecan pie for dessert.
I'm not eating sweets right now but can you squeeze me in around the table?

Barbara said:
I have white beans left over from last night - thinking taking ham shanks out of the freezer and doing something with that - or chicken chili as someone suggested yesterday. it's warm here! So. Cal.
This is what I was referring to yesterday,
Top Recipe 1995: White Chili
yep, it's a bit of a challenge to do, lot's of ingreds, but boy is it ever good. I love ham hocks and white beans though too, with onion, garlic, celery, carrot, salt and pepper. Easy peasy!
bethzaring said:
I am having an unexpected four mouths showing up for dinner, grumble grumble. So plan B is, potato soup made with canned potatoes, need to find a loaf of bread in the freezer, and a pumpkin pie we were sent home with over the week-end. My fear is they will come, along with the snow, and be stuck here overnight...aaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhh
not a happy camper
Oh good luck with your unexpected guests...............by the way, where is Ahia?
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
That’s it, I can’t answer any more, my fingers hurt!
Can you tell I’m not cooking? I’m trying to wind my way into someone’s home.
Stuck at work, until later tomorrow and looks like it’ll be a salad at Howard Johnson’s tonight. It’s okay, the Caesar is wonderful….maybe I’ll splurge and get chicken on it!
Woopee!

Last edited:
Lefse, my soup tends to grow exponentially. My entire dutch oven is still full of it so you'd be more than welcome to come eat your share and then some! By the way, did you make it to your destination with your eardrums intact??? :)

Back
Top Bottom