What's for Dinner, Tuesday January 23, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think i'll bread some chicken tenders and make chicken parm tonight with some of the sauce from a pot of sausages that i made last night.

We're still trudging through the cacophony of food from the weekend. My (ex)husband was over last night and laughed when he saw all the food in tupperware stacked in there. Said the whole thing was 'sillious'??! He and his ladyfriend are both coming to eat tomorrow to help plow through it.

vb, have you ever been to the goffle road poultry farm? Home

the sausage i made last night was hot italian chicken sausage from there. it was delicious. made from real hot italian chickens, i guess.
j/k.
it actually was hot and spicy sausage, for once. i don't know how many times i've bought hot sausage that had no spicy heat at all.

the best sweet sausage i've found is from joe's buon apetito in river edge. haven't been there for a long time. i wonder if it's still there.

gonna fix a beef pot roast in my pressure cooker, using a recipe that came with the Fagor cooker, uses lotsa onions, vinegar, garlic, tomato paste, bay, cumin s&p water and sugar. Also calls for allspice but do not have any

mashed potatoes with horseradish, s&p, a bit of butter and sour cream and minced garlic

broccoli in an unknown preparation

NY times bread

simple fixings here. French onion soup, pasties, green salad, banana cream pie for dessert.

kadesma

buckytom said:
vb, have you ever been to the goffle road poultry farm? Home

the sausage i made last night was hot italian chicken sausage from there. it was delicious. made from real hot italian chickens, i guess.
j/k.
it actually was hot and spicy sausage, for once. i don't know how many times i've bought hot sausage that had no spicy heat at all.

the best sweet sausage i've found is from joe's buon apetito in river edge. haven't been there for a long time. i wonder if it's still there.

I haven't been there in years. There used to be a place in Paramus, Komsa, I think it was called. Closed about 20 years ago:(. I agree, it's difficult to get decent sausage around here.

I'm getting ready to fix a big pot of Chop Suey and serve it over rice. Better get busy as I just now realized DH will be home in another hour.

Tonight will be individual homemade beef pot pies, a garden salad, cooked frozen mixed vegetables and for dessert, raspberry yogurt with canned peaches and some left over cookies from Christmas. Later a good cup of green tea.

Leftover football chili (good) from Sunday and tourtiere from last night (so-so).

fresh cornbread to go with the chili or fresh salad to go w/tourtiere.

We're going out! Yippee! I'm thinking Mexican but it hasn't been decided yet.

well my mashed potatoes turned out terrific. I boiled them until soft then turned off the heat and added chopped frozen broccoli to the pot. They sat like that until DH came home late. I drained the water, added some milk, butter, s&p, a large blob of horseradish and 3 cloves of minced garlic, then mashed with a hand masher. Really good....

Made a pork roast in the crock pot with mushroom soup. Mashed potatoes. Had a lettuce salad with Italian dressing. For dessert it was Strawberry and Rhubarb pie.

Back
Top Bottom