What's for dinner Tuesday, January 30, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Even though it's sunny, it is still cold and somewhat windy. Good day for comfort food.

We're having cider beef stew, N.Y. Times bread and (boo, hoo) the last of our chocolate chip brownies. Gotta make more of those brownies.

What's everyone else having for dinner today?

I'm making a slow-cooked Texas BBQ brisket, baked potatoes, various asst. roasted veggies and rolls.
I need to make a dessert too. I'm thinking perhaps an apple pie with some vanilla bean ice cream.

DH will be late every night this week :( so I'm trying to keep things simple and that can be made with a toddler either "helping" or hanging on me.:LOL: So tonight it's grilled ham steak with honey mustard, baked sweet potatoes and peas.

homemade pizza

We have eaten beef stew for the last 3 evenings. And both DH and I could eat this stew for 7 straight suppers, but I am feeling creativity starved and must make something, so it is pizza. I have thawing some ricotta cheese and summer sausage to go on top of the homemade pizza sauce. Then tomorrow its back to the beef stew.

Homemade chicken noodle soup and sandwiches. I may do a fruit salad for the family too if I can rouse myself away from the computer. I'm so blinking tired today!

Tonight I'm doing some sauteed chcken breasts, with frozen artichokes in a mushroom chix broth and sherry sauce. Will serve it with just plain white rice, tomatoe pudding for our veggie, and a brandy apple spice cake for dessert.
kadesma:)

long island clam turnovers (like a pastie) onion, garlic, potatoes, clams, juice, cream, worcestershire, parsley, bacon. serve with sharp cheddar cheese and a green salad. I love clams.

Pizza! Too much going on to cook today. DH is choosing the toppings on the way home from work. :)

That sounds good Robo! Tonight is a chicken curry for my husband, and for me some sort of shrimp with sauteed veggies and rice.

I'm making manicotti stuffed with ricotta, spinach and parmigiano reggiano with a roasted tomato sauce and fontina cheese. And a puree of parsnips, pears and sweet potato.

Pork Chops that I'm coating with herbed bread crumbs.....I'll pan fry them and finish them in the oven. For the sides I just finished making herb dressing from scratch and we'll also have green beans with bacon & onion.

Gee, Barb, you're braver than we are. We're cooking our burgers inside tonight. We have no snow, but that cold wind's been howling all day.

Chicken Sausage Gumbo File with rice here. And man, I must have 6 qt of it going. I need to scram and get started on the rice.

We picked up some fresh tilapia from the fish market today. So I fixed the filets, topped with Mango-Papaya Beurre Blanc Sauce, roasted vegetables, green salad and baked sweet potato fries.

Back
Top Bottom