What's for Dinner Tuesday, July 1, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big huge BBQ beef roast on a bun. Caesar salad, potato salad, more appys than you can shake a stick at and a big Canada Flag cake for dessert. Probably some libations in there too.

I have a couple of T-bones I either need to cook today or freeze. They are going on the grill when I get home.

ok - I forgot I have some tabbouleh already made - well, almost...just have to add the the "stuff" but the bulger is cooked. Made it with course bulger this time and I think I like it better.

Just need to figure out my protein and veggies.

Going to continue the amazingly elusive quest for the hamburger and macaroni
"goulash" like Grandma made. (Recipes welcome.)

And I'm going to don my Star Trek uniform and "Boldly Go Where GrillingFool
Has Never Gone Before...." Lima Beans.
An attempt to make some "Smokey Bacon, Onions and Pepper Lima Beans" a la
the Pict Sweet brand, which is no longer offered around here.
(I hate lima beans, except for that brand and flavor.)

Good thing we have leftovers, LOL!

i refilled the propane tank last night, so dw will probably grill something. i got a flat tire on the way to the park-and-ride lot this morning, so i'll be getting home late after changing it.

Turkey meatloaf stuffed with cheese, roasted red pepper,olives and basil. Roasted sweet potatoes with Char crust and sauteed summer squash with garlic and onions. Not a real summer dinner but it was a request.
Cin

DH isn't feeling well still, his shoulder is about to make him do something crazy, like smack a tree trunk. He left late this morning, very late for him. He asked for something light and easy tonight, since it's so blasted hot outside and doesn't want me working too much in the kitchen. I'll do the 4 left over pieces of tandoori chicken in some broth just to steam 'em and then pull it apart. It'll go on the Moomie buns that are now frozen and we'll enjoy the rest of the Waldork salad and Thai noodles too. No sense in using up that fridge space if we could be eating dinner out of what's in there.
Oh, he did ask for something [anything] lemon for dessert, I'll have to think on that one for a minute though........................ok, found what I'll be making for dessert

crockpot chicken thighs, buttered egg noodles, string beans and baby yellow carrots, biscuits.

Last edited:
While cleaning out one of my chest freezers...(What is this????:ermm:)
I threw a package of Crowder peas into a pot...seasoned with a piece of bacon. Ran across a big bag of Boiling okra...so into another pot it went..Next was a package of cream style corn...so into the skillet it goes.
Finally, I found what I thought was a package of chicken wings...turns out I was right!...So

Bourbon
Crowder peas
Boiled Okra
Cream Style Corn
Fried Chicken Wings...
Corn bread
Sliced tomatoes, sliced onion, a few pods of cayenne pepper...
Corn Bread & Iced Tea! (Un-sweetened:-p)
Chocolate Ice Cream

meatloaf (chevon loaf), a casserole of potatoes, sweet corn, smoked ham, onions, garlic, drowned in a mornay sauce, and a fresh broccoli salad

After four days of the flu, I'm finally getting an appetite back. DH has it now so I just made an egg and cheese on toast for myself. My daughter (12) is making her own egg. She LOVES to make them (now that she's been taught and allowed how)!

made a marinara then added some cooked pancetta and mushrooms will put this over some spelt noodles and have a platter of sliced tomatoes,avocado,sliced red onions with torn fresh basil on top with evoo and red wine vinegar..garlic bread and sundaes for dessert.

kadesma

Oh brother.........another night of no cooking. I took my mom to her dr. and eye dr. today so we stopped at TGIFriday's. Ds is at work and Dh and I have yet another funeral to go to tonight. This year has been the worst!! Dh will probably grab some leftovers from Sunday and I'm not hungry.

Barb

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom