What's for dinner Tuesday July 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Grilling time here. Steak, corn and green beans. What is everyone else having?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Attachments

• 1404254376133.jpg
    1404254376133.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 187
How did those green beans on the grill turn out Dave?

I think we're having Hawaiian hot dogs slit with a slice of bacon and pineapple salsa on Royal Hawaiian hot dog buns.

We had grilled hamburgers on whole wheat "One Buns". Finally got the grill going yesterday. Very appropriate to use the "Barbecue" for Canada Day.

How did those green beans on the grill turn out Dave?

I think we're having Hawaiian hot dogs slit with a slice of bacon and pineapple salsa on Royal Hawaiian hot dog buns.

Really good. I tossed them with some garlic infused olive oil, salt, and pepper. Definitely have to use a grilling basket and get it HOT before you add the beans.

Tonight was penne with sauteed garlic, red bell pepper, and mushrooms. Served with Parmigiano Reggiano. Green salad to start.

Are those shaved zucchini?

Basically yes, I saw a Veggetti at wallmart and had to give it a try. It works and l like how the zucchini taste. I make the noodles add a pinch of salt toss in the microwave for 1.5 minutes and it is good to go.

I missed out on our family Canada Day celebrations because on the way we hit a big pot-hole and it sent me into a huge pain flare. TB had to drive me home (he had forgotten something important so we were going back anyway) and I took my medicine and slept the rest of the day.

TB brought me back some take-out from our favourite restaurant which is on the way back from his parent's place. I had mushroom chow mein and vegetable chop suey with one spring roll. My MIL sent some strawberries along which made a great dessert!

We had grilled hamburgers on whole wheat "One Buns". Finally got the grill going yesterday. Very appropriate to use the "Barbecue" for Canada Day.
We had "rabarbergrød" with cream for dessert. It's like "rødgrød", but made with rhubarb. The texture is somewhere between pudding and gelatin. It was really tasty. I didn't get the texture quite right. The thickener is usually potato starch, but I have searched and can only find potato flour, which doesn't work. This time I used arrowroot. It was the first time I have used arrowroot. Next time I know how much to use without having to reheat it. Yes, I can use an amount equal to the amount of potato starch used, but by weight, not volume. The internet told me the substitution was volume for volume. I guess that's for baking.

Back
Top Bottom