What's for Dinner Tuesday July 5th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Well, it is the last of the extra meat I got for the weekend - strip loin. We will grill it with baked potatoes and corn (also leftovers).

What are you planning?

I have a thawed B/S chicken breast that got put on hold from last night and one strip of bacon (without breaking into a fresh pack or thawing some). I'll come up with something and it will probably be served over penne pasta.

We had several ears of grilled corn left so that is going to get a re-run, Picked our first two tomatoes so salad is in order, plus I'm making a tart using eggplant, zucchini, shallots, Monterey jack cheese, Parmeasan and more tomatoes. Made the tart shell this morning to keep the kitchen cool this afternoon Will grill some pork chops this afternoon and we can have some of the left over dessert if we want to .
kades:)

I have no idea. My plans changed when I checked the mail. :D If I'm cooking at home it will be round steak cooked with tomato, onion, garlic, spices, and served with spiral macaroni and corn. There was a bit of money in the mail, so I am planning to ask James if we can go somewhere to eat. Most likely fast food drive-through, although I would LOVE Chinese (go in and pick up) or Mexican (dine in). :cool:

probably a grilled roast beef sandwich. my famous ca sandwich. dishes on counter , because of plugged sink. if not unplugged by then, need something that doesn't take much prep.

It is 7:13 and I was expecting James home any time after 6:00. He just called and said he is still at work and doesn't know when he will be done. It is about an hour and a half drive home, so I'm going to have to munch on a few Cheez-It Pepper Jack crackers while I am waiting. I'm hungry! I'm sure James is starving by now too!

Along with the bacon, chicken breast and penne... I also found some grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, feta, Greek seasoning, red onions, garlic, lemon juice, oregano, basil and artichoke hearts.

Greek chicken & penne.jpg

Peach smoked chicken, assorted slices of local melons, 3 kinds of homemade ice cream, plus the usual suspects of sides and birthday cake, requested by the now 9 y.o. B-day boy.

I'm doing Swedish pot roast for tomorrow...it was too hot to cook today, so I just nuked a potato and topped it with sour cream and butter. Lazy.

Last edited:
James was so exhausted when he got home that he didn't have the energy to protest Mexican food. :D We are both now way too full (Burrito California for James, Steak Chimichanga, beans, and rice for me), but happy. :cool:

I made southwest black bean salad. It was a new recipe and it turned out pretty good.

I also baked some scones for breakfasts, and my son (the food judge) declared them to be good.

hope you get some rest, alix.

we had a great day today, albeit sunny and hot!
we finally got out on a party boat for fluke today. we caught sea robins and a coupla fluke, 1 was a keeper. the whole boat did well.

no pics of the catch (still on my videocam) but i managed to snap one on my phone on the way out.

img_1020223_0_c9c5d54f5a65baeac62462bbbfb74ea0.jpg

then, dinner was at a dockside diner. we had n.e. clam chowder, salads, and dw and the little mate had fried fluke sandwiches, and i had the farfalle with shrimp and veggies in a clam/tomato sauce.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom