What's for Dinner -Tuesday June 12, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Robo410 said:
Crabs n beer (maybe some corn n other stuff too but Crabs and Beer is the main.)

What time is dinner? I haven't had a meal like that in...well let's just say it's been a long time.

We're having pan-seared salmon fillets, asparagus from our garden (frozen) and baked potatoes. I have new recipes for the salmon and asparagus that we may try...or not. It depends on what kind of mood Kim is in.

Constance said:
What time is dinner? I haven't had a meal like that in...well let's just say it's been a long time.

We're having pan-seared salmon fillets, asparagus from our garden (frozen) and baked potatoes. I have new recipes for the salmon and asparagus that we may try...or not. It depends on what kind of mood Kim is in.
How long did it take your asparagus to grow? We planted ours (purple) as seeds and we're in...I wanna say year 4, though I might be wrong, and we haven't harvested a single stalk yet.

Everybody's always told me that once it starts to take off you practically can't eat it fast enough to keep up, but geez, what slow growing plants!

we went to a Rufus Waiwright concert tonight, so we got dinner at the "Astoria".
I had the traditional veggie platter which consisted of, 3 domlades (first time trying them, they are very odd, very lemony but it's an odd lemony:huh: I only ate one and a half and I don't know if I'd order them again, but they were interesting to try) spanokapita (2 small packages) and roasted potatoes and rice along with a greek salad to start with. overall a pretty good meal!:chef:

allen, could you (or have you) post(ed) a recipe for the indian chicken and spuds? thanks in advance.

TNT Spinach Salad

If anyone likes Strawberry/Spinach Salad.....I added my recipe in the salad forum. Its a TNT recipe. DH can almost eat the whole thing. He was so happy to see I made it last night he said, "I must of been a very good boy"....LOL!

Last edited:
SizzlininIN said:
If anyone likes Strawberry/Spinach Salad.....I added my recipe in the salad forum. Its a TNT recipe. DH can almost eat the whole thing. He was so happy to see I made it last night he said, "I must of been a very good boy"....LOL!

I'll be looking that up in a few minutes. Sounds wonderful indeed! And I think Strawberries are on sale now, my backyard is devoid of them, "thank you my two Siberians"...:cool:

I added sliced turkey sausages, blanched broccoli florets, diced roasted red pepper, & diced sauteed Vidalia onion to cooked farfalle (bowtie) pasta. Luckily it just finished when the power conked out due to a bigtime electrical storm.

boufa06 said:
elf, your dinner sounds wonderful. How do you prepare your fish stew?

I'll echo boufa. Can you share your recipe for fish stew? TIA

Did you 'catch' lol, the link I posted for WS Portuguese fish stew?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom