What's for Dinner -Tuesday June 12, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
So what's for dinner tonight?

I'm having chicken and spinach Alfredo - served over pasta.

I"m going to sear the chicken and than simmer it until done in Alfredo sauce, spices and possibly some lemon juice.
I'm going to mix some spinach and Alfredo sauce together and serve everything over some pasta.

Boston Chef's site had a delicious grilled salmon served in a similar manner. I got the idea from his site. So simple, yet a wonderful meal. I can't do salmon, as i need to use up the meat in the house and not go out and spend money I don't need to be spending "lol".

Last edited by a moderator:
that sounds good yt. real comfort food.

i'm not sure what dw is going to make tonight. there's ground turkey, a turkey kielbasi, italian turkey sausage, and thin sliced chicken breasts that are ready to go in the fridge.

we'll have it with vine ripened tomatoes, fresh basil from the garden, and raspberry balsamic vinegar.
since i have to thin out the arrugula and mesculun now that the seeds are up, we'll also have a "micro-greens" salad.

Chili in the crock-pot with crispy baked tortilla strips. Still doing my crock-pot experiment, which is coming out quite well. It's been a very easy cooking month so far. Didn't have to cook at all last night because we went to a banquet.

Spinach/arugula salad, fish stew.

mish reminded me - cantaloupe and honeydew for dessert

Last edited:
I still have a little bit of garlic/lemon/rosemary chicken strips & penne left over, but not enough for a meal. I may saute some shrimp in olive oil, garlic and lemon juice & add them to the mix. Half a cantaloupe and some strawberries for dessert.

Chicken Breasts that I'll season and stuff with goat cheese and some of my fresh basil I have growing. For the sides it's going to be fresh corn on the cob and I'm going to surprise DH with one of his favorite salads.....he discoverd he like spinach through this dish....Spinach and Strawberry Salad. I have small section of bread left over from the bakery so I think I'll grill it on top of the stove and drizzle it with EVOO and rub it with some garlic.

Sizz, that sounds like a wonderful summer meal! Since I can't make it to your house for dinner, we'll be having chef salads, fresh multigrain bread and ice cream sundaes.

Have a bit going on for dinner tonight, since we have friends coming in from out of town. Menu as follows:

Pork and shrimp lumpia
Lobster bisque
Mahi mahi crusted with roasted macadamia nuts w/ a lobster butter sauce served over halved baby reds and asparagus
Caramel macadamia nut almond tart w/ homemade ice cream (still debating whether I want to make plain jane vanilla ice cream or dulce de leche)

Last edited:
Chicken with spinach in cream sauce sounds wonderful!!

I'm still trying to cook relatively healthy. 7 pounds lost- 23 more to go!

Tonight I'm trying chicken enchiladas. I removed the meat from a falling-off-the-bone simmered whole chicken. Then mix the meat with lowfat vegetable cream cheese and sauteed red and green peppers. That will be the filling. Sauce is diced tomatoes simmered on the stove with 1 chopped jalapeno, chopped onion and garlic, 2 chopped Anaheim peppers and cumin. A little (regular fat) cheddar on top. I just can't stand low-fat cheese. I have to use the high-fat, just less of it. Hope it comes out ok and doesn't wreck my diet.

Poppinfresh said:
Have a bit going on for dinner tonight, since we have friends coming in from out of town. Menu as follows:

Pork and shrimp lumpia
Lobster bisque
Mahi mahi crusted with roasted macadamia nuts w/ a lobster butter sauce served over halved baby reds and asparagus
Caramel macadamia nut almond tart w/ homemade ice cream (still debating whether I want to make plain jane vanilla ice cream or dulce de leche)

dulce de leche gets my vote!

Flourgirl said:
dulce de leche gets my vote!

That was my original thought based on the fact that I figured I had to go to the store to get some things for the tarts anyways and could just pick up what I'm missing for the dulce while I was there. Then I realized I had everything I needed for the tarts...now I'm just largely debating whether I want to bother going to the store for the dulce materials or not, heh.

buffalo style chicken sandwiches

been gone for awhile hope everyone is good.

we are having grilled marinated buffalo style chicken sandwiches topped with swiss and thinly slice onions. tater tots and b-b que beans.

and then rootbeer floats

...just finished a Peruvian potato salad.
added to that for our dinner will be b/less/s/less chicken breasts in a basil/Italian parsley/cilantro/dill weed pesto that is marinating now. typical seasoning in it with a hint of sugar too [for no reason I can think of]. frozen spinach for veg and Uncle Bob's frozen Holy Grail Hush Puppies with Steens over the top after the butter of course. yard tomatoes and basil with balsamic vingegar and a slice of the [frozen in slices] Myer Lemon Supreme cheese cake that I still have about 4 slices of. A "watermel-tini" for the man and iced white tea for me with blueberries floating in both.​

kitchenelf said:
Spinach/arugula salad, fish stew.

mish reminded me - cantaloupe and honeydew for dessert
elf, your dinner sounds wonderful. How do you prepare your fish stew?

grilled ham steak, grilled pineapple,

roasted sweet potatoes. everything outside on the grill. too hot to cook inside.

Iam going to grill some hot dogs (skin on) been hungry for them. Probably fries, and nibbles -( olives, mild pepper rings, and pickles)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom