What's for dinner, Tuesday, June 17, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, mods/admins! Could someone fix the date on the thread title, please? :)

DH is leaving today for a conference tomorrow, so I'm on my own. I'll probably have either a taco salad or nachos with the leftovers from last night's tacos.

Got some minced pork - not sure what to do with it but will probably end up in a pan with some diced pots, tomatoes, onions, chillies....

I`m making a Chicken Satay, only I didn`t have anything Peanut in the house so I used cashews instead, that will be served with a stir-fry of mixed bell peppers, mushrooms and scallions.

oh yeah, and I was a REALLY Good Boy! after I made the Chashew nut butter I managed to resist the temptation to spread it all on freshly made bread and run off :angel:

Last edited:
i'm going to fix some pork chops similar to some ribs I prepared over the weekend....brown in the pressure cooker with a sweet and sour sauce, remove ribs/chops, dump in a quart of canned yukon gold potatoes, place chops on top, and pressure cook for 20 minutes....some collards to go with, and the raspberry cobbler if I get to it....would love to fix a pan of cornbread too:wacko:

I "visualized" the 7 there apparently! What's the matter, June "oneth" doesn't roll off your tongue? :LOL:

When I saw it this morning I first thought someone had dug up an earlier dinner thread. I thought, boy, something must have sounded really good in this one.... Then I saw only one reply and my brain started working :LOL:

No idea yet for tonight, but I just finished lunch/dinner. I took some leftover steak from last night, sliced it thin, sprinkled a little worcestershire sauce on it, nuked it, and also sauted some onions and mushrooms. Put it all on two sub rolls that I stuck in the toaster oven on broil and with cheddar cheese on them.
I'm not hungry right now :pig:

Leftovers here too, seems to be the night for em! On the plus side have some nice fresh watermelon chilled and ready to go!

I love stuffed cabbage!

For us it's a chicken I picked up at the market (already cooked) mashed potatoes, butternut squash, corn on the cob. Ice cream for later.

What kind of stuffed cabbage? Is it like the Czech version made in the restaurants around here? They take a mixture of sausage and rice and spices, wrap it in cabbage leaves, then it is cooked in a tomato sauce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom