What's for dinner Tuesday June 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
I haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd put up a photo of tonight's dinner. Was surprised there was not thread started.

Okay, on with dinner, cashew encrusted chicken tenders with mushroom Alfredo sauce, and cauliflower gratin.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Attachments

• 1433285744258.jpg
    1433285744258.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 222
Looks good, Dave.

I took a small cod fillet out of the freezer this morning. I'll season it and probably toaster oven it, with a couple of nice cool sides. Hot here today.

I think I've mentioned I go out to lunch with the "Tues. Lunch Bunch". They're a fun bunch of gals I've known for years, and today I had one of the most delicious hamburgers I've ever eaten. The meat patty was 60% beef chuck and 40% chorizo. It was on a chibatta bun with jack cheese, red onion, and avocado.
I never would have thought of doing that but it was a spectacular combo for a hamburger. I'll sure be doing that at home sometime.

Needless to say, I'm not very hungry for dinner. Steve may do leftovers.

Last edited:
Been unusually wet and cool for this time of the year. Upper 60s or so for the daytime temps so I took the last container of frozen turkey-noodle soup out of the freezer for tonight's supper. We had cast iron rolls and butter with the soup and the last of the pistachio fudge for dessert. With any luck, Mother Nature will quit with the cold shoulder tomorrow.

We were going to grill burgers, but the propane ran out. So, they got fried. Served with potato salad. There will be organic strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.

DH is out of town for a few days, so it's just me. I made a club sandwich with last night's BLT leftovers plus a chicken breast roasted in the toaster oven and some Havarti cheese. I also had the last of the corn with bell pepper butter. That was really good.

Still chilly here, too. High was about 50. I still made salads :wacko: but we did follow it up with chowdah. A few weeks back I bought a container of "Capt. Parker's Clam Chowder" that had a heat-and-serve pouch of the stuff. We had eaten dinner at Capt. Parker's Pub when we were on The Cape about a half-dozen years back. It was so very good, and this bag-o'-chowder tasted just as good as we remembered.

I'll have to keep my eyes open to see if it goes on sale again. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom