What's for Dinner Tuesday June 23, 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cottage cheese and ice cold homemade applesauce (from my friend Marie). I think dh and kids are going out to eat and then to the grocery store, as Mother Katy's cupboards are bare, lol.

Teenagers eat SO much!!

I had some potatoes that I needed to use up, so I used in place of the "mac" in my baked macaroni and cheese recipe. I also made some peas and summer squash (the squash didn't look that neon, my camera phone does crazy things with colors sometimes :rolleyes:).

Attachments

• Photo_062309_003.jpg
    Photo_062309_003.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 157
I roasted and glazed some chicken with some asian glaze I made, served it over some sauteed shiitake mushroom and aspargus and let the veg float in a dashi/miso broth

Okay, so I couldn't find the hamburgers (except for one that DH took to work and didn't eat). We found two steaks so grilled them for DH and Dad and I had the 6 oz pattie. The fryer was still out from Sunday so I made wedge fries to go with the meat and some leftover pasta and green salads.

Dessert is the chocolate angel food cake with Ice cream and fresh pineapple.

I'm thawing some ground beef and going to make mini meatballs..browned in the oven. Then, in the crock-pot is going to be tomato sauce, and assorted vegies (mushrooms, red onon, etc). The meatballs will be added to that to cook this afternoon. I'm, going to have that sauce over some seasoned, roasted potato chunks. I feel like having rustic, comfort food today.

For Mark, a small/breaded chicken breast in sauce with some of the roasted potatoes and roasted carrots/celery.
I ended up having my meatballs/sauce over spaghetti.

img_831408_0_3be9ba487576300a1045c52f4f75c7e2.jpg

This was Mark's dinner
img_831408_1_fbe059574e339348fe62a028572de8ef.jpg

18oz (1.25 inch) ribeye steak cooked over charcoal. seasoning :Salt Pepper and garlic powder. Cooked to medium.

29blpba.jpg

Back
Top Bottom