What's for Dinner Tuesday May 26?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
It doesn't take me long to tire of cooked spinach dishes, I much prefer to eat spinach in salads, but I have developed a method that I can eat more than once.....I make a sausage gravy that uses 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup flour and 3 cups milk, and I add lotsa julienned spinach...so I am making a fresh batch for supper tonight

with vanilla ice cream;)

What are you having?

I'm grilling a flank steak tonight. We'll have roast potatoes and a veggie along side. Hope to have some left over for a sandwich.

It doesn't take me long to tire of cooked spinach dishes, I much prefer to eat spinach in salads,

What are you having?
I much prefer uncooked spinach myself. Love baby spinach in salads or spinach based dips.

Uncle Bob I'm envious of your sweet potato fries. They are a new favorite of mine :)

Tonight I'm going to make a homemade mac and cheese because I'm not feeling the greatest and feel like comfort food. Steak w/ onions , mushrooms and probably potatoes for the bf if he rejects homemade mac and cheese but who could.:pig:

Making spanish rice with mini meat balls, a big green salad of Mache,avocados,tomatoes, vidalia's, rolls for DH and Cade, dessert DH wants a half of cantaloupe filled with vanilla ice cream the rest are having ice cream sundaes...

kadesma

crab me & my kitty tigs didn't consume the other night. if he likes it. very, very small potatoes with truffle oil & celtic gray seasalt. grn. beans. yum.
beverage undecided & mango chunks for dessert.

DH is off so dinner is normal time. It is pouring again so no more cold plates. Thinking roast beef and trimmings.

just some bread that still has to go in oven and leftover tritip---maybe some salsa verde and avocado mayo too
buzz

We're having a "find-your-own-smorgsbord" of leftover holiday favorites, lol. If they can't find something in there to eat, well then, they're just not hungry!!

leftover basil pesto pasta from last night, gonna add some lemon juice and capers to it. thawed a chicken thigh, probably panko crumbed and fried. side salad from my veggies pot. i still have bumble berry sort tart things for dessert or a brownie.

We took my daughter for lunch today at Michael's mostly Italian restaurant, and we all had the smorgasboard, which is fun once in a while. Their meatballs melt in your mouth. Kim thought the pasta sauce a little sweet, but I like it that way.
I had a nice green salad, a little Italian pasta salad just like I make, and a slice of pizza on the first round. They keep bring out different pizzas, some thin crust and some regular.
Then I had a little penne casserole, spaghetti, meatballs, red spaghetti sauce and garlic bread.
All for $5. Of course his made to order meals, are higher, but still reasonable. I think the seafood ravioli plus soup and salad from the smorgasboard is $11.50.

You have to know where to look for this place...it's on a backstreet in a community even smaller than ours.

Obviously, we're only having a small snack tonight.

When I served our dinner tonight, I told my husband it was in honor of The White Album...any Beatle's fans out there? It was a truly ugly dinner. I made baked salmon because I didn't want to stand over a hot skillet searing salmon tonight - used the small convection oven instead. Smeared the top of the salmon with a mixture of mayo, sour cream, garlic salt, and dill. Put crushed potato chips oon the top. Baked for about 15 minutes at 350F. I'm out of potatoes, didn't feel like rice, so I cooked macaroni, added some green onions sauteed in butter, some cottage cheese and lots of freshly ground salt and pepper. Added some fresh pineapple and bananas from our tree in a fruit cup on the side. Looked really yucky, but DH gobbled it up. The three cats and the dog (who are embarrasing beggars at the table) also loved the salmon....I can't recommend it for looks and also nutritional value, but it tasted pretty good.

I had some pork cubed steaks. Made something vaguely chop-chae like, except that I substituted a lot of ingredients. So it wound up being pork, green onions, mixed baby greens from the garden (spinach, mustard and chard), pea pods, all stir fried with rice noodles.

Back
Top Bottom