What's For Dinner Tuesday, May 29, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Anyone making anything fun tonight?
I'll be having chicken Caesar salad for dinner with iced tea.
How bout anyone else?
What's anyone eating/cooking/making/planning on?​

If we don't go out, it will be leftovers from yesterday. BBQ ribs, beer can (Dr Pepper) chicken, baked beans, spaghetti salad, cuke salad and sweet corn.

Bratwurst sausages, Ranch salad, and pita bread with sauteed onion and garlic puree spread on top and plenty cheese baked in the oven with a dash of chili sauce.

Yesterday I grilled a whole chicken with Greek seasonings (garlic, lemon and oregano) so I would have cooked chicken to use this week. Tonight we're having pita sandwiches with chicken, tomatoes, lettuce and tzatziki sauce, with roasted asparagus. I might toast up some of the pita just for dipping in the tzatziki.

Lunch was a leftover 1/4 pound hot dog with mustard, a couple of handfuls of Nacho Cheese tortilla chips, a slice of apple pie, and a Coke Zero.

Supper will be left over Southwest Caesar salad and a glass of leftover Turning Leaf Cabernet.

We are having mexican Lasagna. I made it this morning and just heating it up for dinner now. It's a good healthy version too and very very good.

prolly left overs from last night. which means lentil soup. and then we were down at the distillery today and picked up some really nice bread, so that will be had as well!:chef:

SurvivorGirl said:
prolly left overs from last night. which means lentil soup. and then we were down at the distillery today and picked up some really nice bread, so that will be had as well!:chef:
what do you do to your lentil soup? I love the stuff, but our recipe is boring, water, lentils, salt and pepper, celery, onion, garlic, maybe a pat of butter to finish it.

LEFSElover said:
what do you do to your lentil soup? I love the stuff, but our recipe is boring, water, lentils, salt and pepper, celery, onion, garlic, maybe a pat of butter to finish it.

I put canned tomatoes and andouille sausage in mine LEFS. Onion, of course and garlic too. I'll try to find my recipe. It's good but daaaaaang, is it filling!

I had a spicy seafood risotto with andouille sausage...and a Cabernet.

Hey Legend, the Mexican Lasagne sounds interesting. Presumably you make some kind of chili-con-carne instead of the normal mince beef?

We bought a nice big filet of wild Alaskan salmon, & I dotted it with some butter, topped with a layer of thinly-sliced lemons, & a thick layer of lovely fresh dill. Baked at 400 degrees for 15 minutes & served with a big green salad. Fast & delicious.

LEFSElover said:
canned tomatoes and some vinager at the end (we're talking right before serving or it will boil off and have no effect) I forget what else goes in there but it's pretty darn tasty. i would send you to a website, but we got it so long ago i completely forget it.

Back
Top Bottom