What's for Dinner Tuesday Nov 18th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
Today will be a busy day, so we may order out tonight for delivery. Probably some pizza.

Sooooo, my cullinary friends..... what have ya??? Don't be shy! :)

We have a Boboli that's about to expire, so we're having pizza with homemade tomato sauce, pepperoni, Italian sausage, mushrooms, onions, spinach, and mozzarella, smoked provolone, parmesan, fontina, romano and aged Asiago cheeses. Probably a salad, and garlic bread too...

I'm in the mood for corned beef and cabbage . I'm not one for waiting for particular holidays to cook what I want.;)

Youngest cooked at school today - so chicken & vehg pie with a cheesecake to follow. I'm baking some potatoes to have with the piw.

left over hashbrown and cheese fattie with
scrambled eggs and sausage gravy ..

gee, what to do with all this time??:mad:

My daughter (who is the only one gainfully employed at this time, my beautiful son got laid off [he's a web designer for Ashley Stewart] yesterday:() and I have been enjoying dinner together lately.

I making a mushroom bacon quiche, a huge pot of chicken noodle soup, and roasted green beans with a fig balsamic glaze.

Paul has a meeting that will keep him out until 10 or 10:30 pm tonight...so, if he's hungry tonight I'll toss some leftovers in the microwave for him.

I'm having tomato soup.

Got a taste for tripe stew. Have to call the grocer and see if he has fresh in stock.

Baked Chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy with some green beans and biscuits. Maybe a chocolate mayo cake with peanut butter icing for dessert.

Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches and maybe some steak fries and it's my son's 12th. b-day so we're having pound cake with cream cheese icing and strawberry sauce drizzled on top and in between the layers.

Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches and maybe some steak fries and it's my son's 12th. b-day so we're having pound cake with cream cheese icing and strawberry sauce drizzled on top and in between the layers.

I hope you son has a WONDERFUL birthday!

Got a taste for tripe stew. Have to call the grocer and see if he has fresh in stock.

Hey Joe, would you mind sharing the recipe for this. My grandmother used to make one that was in a white broth, not red like a minudo. She lost it years ago and I could never find one on-line for her. My uncle and I were the only ones that would eat it besides herself.

We're having breakfast for dinner.....bacon, sausage, pancakes, french toast and eggs. It's going to be a diner here tonight. lol Denny's grand slam.

Barb

Chicken and corn chowder.
If I can get my lazy butt out to buy some milk.....

Cream of Jalapeno Soup
chop 3 jalapenos, discarding ribs/seeds as desired to control heat (I use seeds from 1 jalapeno only)
chop 1 small or 1/2 large yellow onion
chop or grate 1 carrot
In a 3-quart pot (or larger) saute these veggies over med/hi heat in 2 T of EVOO or unsalted butter until soft, about 4 or 5 min. Add a chopped clove of garlic if desired.
add 2 TBSP flour to veggies and stir to thicken the olive oil (make a roux)
3-1/2 c. water
1 14.5 oz can chicken stock
Remove the pot from heat and add the water and chicken stock, stirring constantly. Put the pot back onto heat and bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
Strain the soup and reserve the liquid. Puree the vegetables in a food processor or blender and add to the soup liquid. Place all back in the pot and stir well; if you are not ready to complete the soup at this point you can chill and freeze it or continue to simmer for a short while longer - 10 minutes or so.
Remove the simmering pot from heat. Stir in:
3/4 cup half-and-half
1 tsp salt (add to taste)
2 TBSP freshly chopped cilantro
stir well to blend half-and-half with pureed stock.
Right before serving, add 1 to 1-1/2 cups shredded cheese (colby/jack blend or monterrey jack is recommended) and stir until smooth.
I'm gonna make tomorrow tonight.
Sounds and looks like a winner.
I'll also make spaghetti carbonara via DVR'd program, Everyday Food
Sliced toms with old Balsamic vin
Iced vanilla lavender tea for me, for him, maybe a Scarlett O'Hara, do I have Southern Comfort?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom