What's for Dinner? Tuesday, November 25th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
I stopped at a nearby butcher shop over lunch today and they had some beautiful lamb merguez sausages, so we'll have those, along with sauteed spinach finished with harissa oil.

Right before the power went out for 14 hours, I took the leftover yankee pot roast and made a lovely stew. I started by dicing the leftover bake potatoes, panfried those with diced carrot in 2 T of goose fat, added edamame (could use peas), the pureed 'gravy' to which I added 2 tsp of sour cream, a couple of cubes of beef stock from the freezer, some more red wine, and diced up leftover roast. I served it on top of a slice of homemade bread, topped with some grated fresh horseradish, lemon zest, and thyme leaves, S&P.

We're planning on Cuban sandwiches using the leftover roast pork from Sunday. Time to dust off the Griddler.

Right before the power went out for 14 hours, I took the leftover yankee pot roast and made a lovely stew. I started by dicing the leftover bake potatoes, panfried those with diced carrot in 2 T of goose fat, added edamame (could use peas), the pureed 'gravy' to which I added 2 tsp of sour cream, a couple of cubes of beef stock from the freezer, some more red wine, and diced up leftover roast. I served it on top of a slice of homemade bread, topped with some grated fresh horseradish, lemon zest, and thyme leaves, S&P.
Oops, this was what I ate last night. That's what losing power does--it is confusing! Don't know if I'm cooking tonight or not! Might just have a salad with the rest of the pot roast...

I stopped at a nearby butcher shop over lunch today and they had some beautiful lamb merguez sausages, so we'll have those, along with sauteed spinach finished with harissa oil.
:yum: YUM!! My local grocery store makes the best in-house sausages and they just started making lamb merguez about a month ago. Had never heard of them before so picked up a pack - and now we're hooked!!

I've got some alfredo sauce in the fridge that needs to be used up, so I plan on thawing a batch of homemade pizza dough and making chicken mushroom alfredo pizza. Haven't decided on one big pizza or mini pizzas.

I'll be grilling some shrimp and scallops on the Weber in a couple of minutes, and having a spinach salad on the side. The coals are about ready so better tend to it. :chef:

We're having sausage and shrimp Jambalaya tonight.

I hadn't made it either in a very long time Andy, but it sure was tasty...

img_1399624_0_f78840967262454bd02420d372e2fdbc.jpg

I picked up some steaks and costco today. After going to both costco and safeway and dealing with the masses I came home to find I had forgotten steak sauce. I almost made myself go back for it because we like steak sauce. Thankfully my last brain cell sparked before I went back to the store and I googled a recipe. And it's better tasting!

Kay, your jambalaya looks scrumptious! :yum:

Steve, I have never heard of lamb merguez before, so I had to look it up. Sounds like something I would love! I'm wondering if I can find it here. Will have to look.

I'll be grilling some shrimp and scallops on the Weber in a couple of minutes, and having a spinach salad on the side. The coals are about ready so better tend to it. :chef:

Yummy. :yum: I put the coals on one half of the grill and grilled the seafood on the other side so they wouldn't get overcooked. Drizzled them with garlic lemon butter, and made a honey Dijon vinaigrette for the spinach salad.

img_1399637_0_836a3d5f7e68c0cd4ec20ba0bc66eeb2.jpg

I'm saddened that I don't live closer to Kayelle and Cheryl. Your dishes look fantastic!

Leftovers here. Again.

Thanks Dawg, I'd love to share meals with you on a sunny CA patio, for sure! :LOL:

This is the season when I SO look forward to leftovers....mmmm....turkey....:yum:

Oh my gosh!
We had sushi-a-rama here in California.
Found a small local joint, fantastic food.
We sat at the bar rather than a table, much better
attention and service.
Not what I would call an inexpensive meal,
but everything is relative.
Super fresh fish, delicious, very happy and full.
Good night

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom