What's for dinner Tuesday November 3, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Split pea soup with chopped bacon, carrots, celery and onions. Garlic toast on the side.

Chilled butternut squash & carrot soup with some lentil crackers that I found at the store yesterday.

It's my second attempt to make the sausage-dressing-stuffed acorn squash. We'll see if I succeed. :LOL:

I think stuffing stuffed acorn squash makes a really good fall dinner. I'm about to go by the Tuesday farmer's market and hope they are still open for the season and will look for squash.

I wonder if acorn squash, that has been partially roasted, then filled with pecan pie filling and finish baking, would taste good?

Tomorrow is our 8th wedding anniversary, and our four 2lb. live lobsters arrived this morning overnight from New England. I didn't want to give them the hot tub cooking approach as we've done the last couple of years, so we chose something else. We went on line to see exactly how to kill and dissect the darlings so now the claws and tails are in the fridge awaiting cooking later on. We'll have lobster dinners two nights in a row!! Whoo Hoo!! Tonight we'll have green beans with bacon/onions, and some steamed Jasmine rice for the SousChef.

I saw this particular video a while back, and this is what we will do precisely. It's the best I've ever seen on the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMKq6JwCTYA&list=PLgpSuUqzreMORsyvNrSXS7t6OC8Z0IzNe&index=34

Tomorrow is our 8th wedding anniversary, and our four 2lb. live lobsters arrived this morning overnight from New England. I didn't want to give them the hot tub cooking approach as we've done the last couple of years, so we chose something else. We went on line to see exactly how to kill and dissect the darlings so now the claws and tails are in the fridge awaiting cooking later on. We'll have lobster dinners two nights in a row!! Whoo Hoo!! Tonight we'll have green beans with bacon/onions, and some steamed Jasmine rice for the SousChef.

I saw this particular video a while back, and this is what we will do precisely. It's the best I've ever seen on the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMKq6JwCTYA&list=PLgpSuUqzreMORsyvNrSXS7t6OC8Z0IzNe&index=34

Oh my...that looks and sounds fabulous. :yum: Wishing you and Souschef a very happy anniversary, Kay!

Last edited:
Happy Anniversary, Kayelle and Souschef! :heart: That lobster prep does make it look so delicious.

I wonder if acorn squash, that has been partially roasted, then filled with pecan pie filling and finish baking, would taste good?
I suppose it would, if you like pecan pie. We aren't fans; we don't like the super-sweet filling. However, you have given me the idea for my next BIG acorn: half would be stuffed with the savory version, the other half could be "dessert squash" stuffed with apples, maybe raisins, pecans, and a little butter and brown sugar.

I'm going to bake some chicken breasts and make rice. Somehow I'll have a sauce for the rice. Not sure yet how all this will come together :wacko: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom