"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-06-2009, 04:17 PM   #11
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
I have a ground beef something or other DH loves..You have to like tortilla chips and mild green canned peppers.its easy can be put together and then baked later in the day.
kades
Kades, thanks so much. DH and I would love that; however, Dad won't go for the chiles. I will definitely get that off you sometime though.

I am going for a various of what I grew up with knowing as "hash" - the key to this dish being that every time you make it is a "new variation" LOL. Today I am browning the beef with onion and garlic, then will add some flour Italian herbs and beef stock. I have cooked some hash browns ahead and will add them and some peas and corn at the end. I will serve it with salad and we are good to go in under 20 minutes!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:20 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Kades, thanks so much. DH and I would love that; however, Dad won't go for the chiles. I will definitely get that off you sometime though.

I am going for a various of what I grew up with knowing as "hash" - the key to this dish being that every time you make it is a "new variation" LOL. Today I am browning the beef with onion and garlic, then will add some flour Italian herbs and beef stock. I have cooked some hash browns ahead and will add them and some peas and corn at the end. I will serve it with salad and we are good to go in under 20 minutes!
Ah ha, your dad is like me, DH loves this stuff and I always pull some out for me before I add the chilies I like what your fixing it sound wonderful...
kades

Old 10-06-2009, 04:29 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Cocktail........Bourbon
Stew...........Chicken Thigh
Bread...........French
D-Zert..........Ice Cream-Chocolate

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #14
Sous Chef

Salmon mango salad.

I'm trying to be good!
Old 10-06-2009, 06:35 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

so far it is chicken thighs oven fried, acorn squash and maybe brussel sprouts, cute little baby ones. choco chip cookies for dessert.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #16
Master Chef

Dinner 10/6/09:

Linguini with white clam sauce and garlic bread.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:02 PM   #17
Assistant Cook

Everything sounds so good...hubby isn't feeling well so it's chicken soup for him and ??? for me!
Old 10-06-2009, 07:10 PM   #18
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahoomom View Post
Everything sounds so good...hubby isn't feeling well so it's chicken soup for him and ??? for me!
welcome yahoooooooooooooooo!! sorry hub is sick. make sure you eat something good to help fight off whatever he has.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:14 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
welcome yahoooooooooooooooo!! sorry hub is sick. make sure you eat something good to help fight off whatever he has.
Your meal looks wonderful. DH is having a philly cheese steak sammy, other than that, I don't know what I'll have my tummy is screaming like it's getting an ulcer so maybe just a baked potato
kades
Old 10-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #20
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Your meal looks wonderful. DH is having a philly cheese steak sammy, other than that, I don't know what I'll have my tummy is screaming like it's getting an ulcer so maybe just a baked potato
kades
thank you!!