What's for Dinner Tuesday, October 6th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I grew up eatting that. Mom made it since it was cheap we ate it because it was good. Sometimes I still make it and my kids love it.
It might be cheap to make, but when you have NO idea when dinner is supposed to be, it's a great go-to dinner that is so easy to put together. AND, it especially tasty since the weather here is getting cooler.

My Mom made this for Dad and I all the time, also.

Rival DipMaster

48699416-149x149-0-0_Rival+Rival+Crock+DipMaster.jpg
thank you vb!! the crock is removable right?

Yesterday I picked up a bag of Maine mussels & 2 wild salmon filets, figuring we'd have the mussels last night & the salmon tonight. Imagine my surprise/disgust when I found that out of 2 pounds of mussels, only about SIX were tightly closed & "maybe" alive. The rest were open a crack & refused to close. Just to be sure, I pried a few of them open to find them them definitely dead & gooey. Yuck. So, quadruple-bagged them up & put them in the trash. And will be bringing the store receipt with me next time to insist on a refund.

That said, I luckily had the wild salmon filets (which were lovely) as a backup plan. Made them via Eating Well's "Moroccan Salmon" recipe (marinated in yogurt, parsley, cilantro, cumin, hot paprika, garlic, & then broiled). Served with tiny little baby green & yellow Pattypan squash, a green salad, & the whole-wheat Asiago cheese baguette I'd bought to accompany the mussels.

Back
Top Bottom