What's for dinner Tuesday, Sept. 29?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had James's birthday pizza a day late. :) Tons (well, that's what it will amount to on my hips) of cheeses, black olives, mushrooms, and pepperoni (and of course sauce). I used Prego sauce, but the dough was homemade. We are getting ready to have the left-overs for breakfast. LOL

:)Barbara

Local market had really fabulous fresh thick center-cut Wahoo filets on sale, so had to buy a couple. Baked them with a top coating of Trader Joe's Green Olive Tapenade & a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil. Served them with sides of a "Parmesan Noodle" mix, & fresh broccoli seasoned with butter & Italian Seasoning.

I cooked some penne rigate, then made sausage balls and fried them up with onion and garlic, made a sauce out of chicken stock, milk and flour and added salt, pepper, fresh basil, thyme and oregano. I mixed it all together in a pot, adding some parmesan cheese and served it with salad. It went over very well.

The cupcakes never happened but the vanilla "chunk" ice cream turned out quite well!
do you have a recipe for that? it so sounds yummy and i am looking for some new meals.

do you have a recipe for that? it so sounds yummy and i am looking for some new meals.

To be totally honest Ms M, I made it up as I went along because I had 25 minutes to get dinner on the table and the sausages were still frozen (Rachael Ray, eat your heart out, I beat ya! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:). The recipe is basically what I said above. But I will try to put it on paper and post it with a link if you like!

Last edited:
I'm clearing out some vegies out of the fridge and freezer that have to be used.

So, I am having kind of a "make as you go" cream of vegetable soup with sliced kielbasa added. It's all in the crock pot now.

I'm going to puree most of the vegies in to a thick soup, after taking out some to add back to the pot. I like a heartier soup. If it's too thick, I'll add a bit more stock.

There is no recipe (even though I tried to find something close).
This was my dinner, and the soup was delish! :) I decided to make southern bacon cornbread to go with it. Here are some pictures I wish I could have taken a better one of the soup.

img_853306_0_0c9088e4cd36e32a85765f9ec31c9ce2.jpg

img_853306_1_8466a4048babee7f65f9822f1f9c2810.jpg

img_853306_2_79695f76e7eebec0845a06cc7a625e06.jpg

Back
Top Bottom