What's for Dinner, Tuesday, September 1st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dinner: bi-color sweet corn, Fettucinni alfredo and garlic bread.

img_848454_0_42c9d5422efefc52208cc1daab22dbca.jpg

img_848454_1_0b4ef5b51b4c0e1f183cc91ce3b0973b.jpg

That looks lovely!! I really like the look of that garlic bread :) Your kitchen was a very happy one last night!

Cooking Teriyaki Chicken to go with rice and a stir fried vegetable. Just want a simple, easy fast meal & one that my family loves.

img_848457_0_f1c288bb4f921bb3a9a6f76c3f28e001.png

Cheers,
shalinee

Keep Learning Keep Smiling

That looks lovely!! I really like the look of that garlic bread :) Your kitchen was a very happy one last night!
thank you sweetie. i may make the same thing for dinner tonight. i only make a 1/2 lb pasta for 4 people so i may use the other 1/2 lb and make the same thing for dinner tonight because the family enjoyed it so much last night. the sauce is 1/2 and 1/2, butter, grated romano and parmesan cheese and parsley. i also have french bread for the garlic bread tonight. or i may just make something completely different but still have the garlic bread as a side. LOL :LOL: one never knows what i will come up with.

Cooking Teriyaki Chicken to go with rice and a stir fried vegetable. Just want a simple, easy fast meal & one that my family loves.

img_848500_0_f1c288bb4f921bb3a9a6f76c3f28e001.png

Cheers,
shalinee

Keep Learning Keep Smiling
that looks yummy. i wish i could cook chinese food. do you have a recipe for sub-gum chicken chow mein?

msmofet, I have not heard of sub-gum chicken chow mein. Maybe you can explain or have a picture to show. Cooking Chinese is simple. All the ones that I cook are simple, fast and easy, especially good for busy people like myself. Feel free to ask. I'll try my best to help.

Cheers,
shalinee

msmofet, thanks for the lovely pictures. They look awesome. By the way, chow mein means fried noodles. But definitely this dish will go great with rice or noodles.

msmofet, thanks for the lovely pictures. They look awesome. By the way, chow mein means fried noodles. But definitely this dish will go great with rice or noodles.
i made this recipe up. it looks good to you? it's not quite as good as the resturant i loved that went out of business.

It does look good. You did a good job. I will give a try one of these days and let you know. A lot of times food in Chinese restaurants taste good because of the msg added which makes you thirsty after that. I don't use msg at home and the food still comes out well. Sometimes just have to play around with a balance of sugar and salt.

i will try to make something easy that a friend told me :
Asian pasta salad

• 8 ounces pasta
  • 1 carrot, thinly sliced
  • 2 cups broccoli
  • 1/4 pound green beans, cut into small peace
  • 1 red pepper, chopped
  • 2 small zucchini, chopped
  • 3 tablespoons sesame oil
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 3 green onions, chopped
  • Sesame seeds
  • 1 cup bean sprouts

How to make Asian pasta salad

• Cook pasta in salted water for about 4 minutes.
  • Add carrots, broccoli cook 2 minutes more.
  • Add green beans bell pepper and zucchini.
  • Cook 4 minutes more or until the veggies are tender but not mush.
  • Drain and set aside.
  • Mix together in a small skillet sesame oil add ginger garlic cook 2 minutes remove from heat stir soy sauce rice vinegar and green onions. Pour over pasta.
  • Place bean sprouts and sesame seeds over the pasta and serve.
  • This can be served hot or cold
so simple

why are people posting in a week plus old dinner thread?

thank you sweetie. i may make the same thing for dinner tonight. i only make a 1/2 lb pasta for 4 people so i may use the other 1/2 lb and make the same thing for dinner tonight because the family enjoyed it so much last night. the sauce is 1/2 and 1/2, butter, grated romano and parmesan cheese and parsley. i also have french bread for the garlic bread tonight. or i may just make something completely different but still have the garlic bread as a side. LOL :LOL: one never knows what i will come up with.

You're always full of surprises :D At least it would never be boring eating in your house that's for sure because you would never know what to expect next. And I mean that in a good way ;)

You're always full of surprises :D At least it would never be boring eating in your house that's for sure because you would never know what to expect next. And I mean that in a good way ;)
thank you JJ!! glad to see you back .............. again :LOL:

did you get your poach pods yet? i may make poached eggs, bacon, fried taters and onions and biscuits for dinner tonight.

Not yet unfortunately because they definetly don't sell them here in Moscow and nobody's been over from England yet but as soon as I get them I'll let you know :)

Not yet unfortunately because they definetly don't sell them here in Moscow and nobody's been over from England yet but as soon as I get them I'll let you know :)
ok can't wait to hear what you think.

Back
Top Bottom