What's for Dinner, Tuesday, September 1st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know it's a little early, but I've got Swimps, and Ersters....some frozen swimp, and crab stock... there's a little fall in the air this morning... so I'ma gonna make a gumbo for tonight...

I'm not sure what I'm having.

What are you having?

I dunno, VB, what are you having? LOL

yesterday I dug a few tators, and I am heading out for an overdue bush bean harvest...probably something to do with beans and taters..but I better make a big batch cause I am gone all day tomorrow and I will need some leftovers...thinking I should thaw some ham to add to the dish..

I dunno, VB, what are you having? LOL

yesterday I dug a few tators, and I am heading out for an overdue bush bean harvest...probably something to do with beans and taters..but I better make a big batch cause I am gone all day tomorrow and I will need some leftovers...thinking I should thaw some ham to add to the dish..
I made a casserole the other day that called for green beans, beef and a mashed potato topping...you could sub the ham for the beef. I think that might be good. There was even cheese in the recipe. If you want the recipe.. let me know. :) The recipe was basically a shepherd's pie, but they didn't call it that.

coming back to add.... you could also make scalloped potatoes with ham and have the beans on the side! That sounds yummy, too!

Last edited:
What ever I want from the menu at Carmelitta's. It's my birthday!:-p
birthday-cupcake.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! :)

Probably something really soft.Chicken and dumplings.
Taking hubby to the dentist,he has a bad toothache.I plan on slipping in to.
My jaws been painfully locked for almost a week now.I can't open it.
It's been very quiet around my house,we ain't huntin' no wabbits either! ;)

Happy B-day!
We are doing leftovers, will make up another sausage/pepperoni/cheese pizza.

Dinner: bi-color sweet corn, Fettucinni alfredo and garlic bread.

img_848416_0_42c9d5422efefc52208cc1daab22dbca.jpg

img_848416_1_0b4ef5b51b4c0e1f183cc91ce3b0973b.jpg

Dinner....something with Bodacious corn on the cob! In season in Oregon.
Maybe I'll make some fresh pasta w. pesto sauce + green salad

Mushroom risotto...

Attachments

• DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 179
I love fettucine and corn! I wish I could have shared some of that! :)
thank you sweetie!! it was yummy!!

i never use/used sliced round italian bread for garlic bread. but my hub brought that home for sammies and i had a craving for garlic bread. i toasted the bread the buttered it with the garlic butter and stuck it under the broiler. was a bit to crunchy but good. i still like my garlic bread made with a whole loaf of bread cut in half but this will do in a pinch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom