What's for Dinner, Tuesday, September 4, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
I'll have to get the recipe - it's Thai ribs of some kind

OK - got my recipe - marinating ribs in ginger, garlic, honey, sesame oil, soy sauce, black bean paste - then deep fry each individual rib after marinating for 12 hours or so.

Served with Chinese cabbage with onion tossed in oil, chicken stock, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and garlic-chili sauce. Saute cabbage and onion in oil for a couple minutes, adding other ingredients and cook until tender and done.

Last edited:
Breakfast was Ovaltine and supplements, per usual. Lunch I'm not sure. I just grabbed a prepared dived plate out of the freezer, I was in a hurry and the top was fogged up, but it's either pork chops with beans and spinach and eggs, or its spaghetti and Italian sausages.

Supper, will most likely be a drive-thru salad again.

Turkey soft tacos with all the fixins' and leftover chocolate-covered pretzel ice cream pie for dessert. Hmmmm....maybe I'll have a little dessert now...:LOL::)

It's spaghetti here! Thinking of adding Italian sausage instead of
homemade meatballs too, LOL!

Dinner tonight will be leftovers... ds has some ravioli left from a restaurant meal this weekend and he'll probably have that and I'll probably defrost some bbq chicken that I froze last week. We have some potato salad left from yesterday, too.

I was inspired by Uncle Bob's BLT of late...so it will be bacon, tomato and mayo on ww for me and bacon, tomato and kale for dh. And the last of this weeks' incarnation of pasta salad.

It's spaghetti here! Thinking of adding Italian sausage instead of
homemade meatballs too, LOL!

It was the spaghetti and sausages. The sausages were cooked on the barbeque grill, so they're pretty much blackened Italian sausages.

Lets see, Chied Fricken, butter beans, left over slaw, some pasta salad, then some "Wallymelon" If I don't change my mind to have left over ribs from yesterday! :rolleyes:

No bourbon tonight....:(

Feezing Cold Grey Goose instead! :LOL:

Still not used to being back to work. So tonight I am having fried chicken (take out) made coleslaw and will have mashed with side of corn. Made some meatballs for tomorrow night's dinner with the kids.

Made several foccacias so it's foccacia snadwishes..Either prosciutto and provolone with arugula, tomato and thin sliced onions or roast beef, swiss, avocado,tomatoe, onions, lettuce, macaroni salad and chocolate pie for dessert. Easy and simple:LOL:

kadesma;)

it's a scratch night here.
chicken cacciatore = home made tomato sauce, shredded chicken off the bone that I baked for our baby's first birthday party [as I know it will only get chucked in to the freezer for later eating] so why not pull the meat off and add it to my sauce. ''From scratch'' noodles too as I wanted to do them [since it's been ions] that I made fat long noodles. the house smells great so I hope all tastes good too:ermm:. zukes in butter with onion and garlic, NYTimes bread with butter for the man...
dessert is in the oven, it's one of those yummy cakes that Barb L told me how to make, this time using white/blueberry which we all should love.;)

Leftover chinese tonight, then I'll probably make chicken salad from the leftover Peruvian chicken that I made yesterday.

I am grilling as long as I can - I hate the end of summer but do adore this weather. Tonight I am grilling some sausage and of course topping it with onions and peppers - I also made some zucchini with home grown tomatoes and onions some leftover macaroni salad and some artichoke salad as well - Of course a glass ( or 2) of wine.:pig::pig:

Lets see, Chied Fricken, butter beans, left over slaw, some pasta salad, then some "Wallymelon" If I don't change my mind to have left over ribs from yesterday! :rolleyes:

No bourbon tonight....:(

Feezing Cold Grey Goose instead! :LOL:

Send some of that Goose this way!!!! Sounds better then the wine I am having - now you caused me to yen for a good vodka martini ( Goose of course) - Might have to make a quick run to the liquor store!!!;) PS - Have you hit the Goose already or is there really a thing called Chied Fricken -:LOL:

Reanie525i said:
PS - Have you hit the Goose already or is there really a thing called Chied Fricken -:LOL:

No "Goose" yet, but it want be long!! :rolleyes: Surely you have eaten Chied Fricken before. Or is it Fried Chicken, I get them conpused sometimes!:LOL:

Enjoy the Sausage!!

Back
Top Bottom