What's for Dinner Tuesday the 11th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BTW I freeze my 1 lb portions of hamburger in a baggie, and smash it flat to make a big pattie. Defrosts in no time that way to use for meatloaf, or whatever.

That is pretty close to being genius right there!!:)

Younger son and I have decided to go out to eat this evening. I do need to make a stop or two while out, so no biggie.

Last edited:
Grilled hamburgers dressed with lettuce, red onion and tomato on homemade buns, french fries, homemade 14-day pickles, green onions, radishes, iced tea and fresh coconut cake with pineapple custard filling.

Sounds ultra summery for our single digit temps, but Glenn saw an ad on TV the other night for some or other fast food joint and the picture of the burger on the screen nearly sent him catatonic. Soooo, I made some hamburger buns yesterday and got the rest of the stuff, sans the pickles and the cake, at the grocery today.

Maybe if we eat hot weather foods we'll forget just how frigid it is outside.

:LOL: Annie. You have no idea how close I came to not mentioning that cuz I thought everybody did that. Shows to go ya. :blush::winkiss:

Yup, we do that too. I like to make sure the top and bottom are really flat (squish them between two cookie sheets and freeze on one). That way they make better contact with a piece of metal that we put them on when defrosting in a hurry.

I do this too but in half pound patties.
I put my ground beef (usually between 1 - 2 lbs) in a precut and sealed on one side food saver bag, then I take my rolling pin and roll it into the corners flat to about 1/8 inch thickness then I vac seal it. Into the freezer; when needed I place in cool water and it thaws in a flash.

I put my ground beef (usually between 1 - 2 lbs) in a precut and sealed on one side food saver bag, then I take my rolling pin and roll it into the corners flat to about 1/8 inch thickness then I vac seal it. Into the freezer; when needed I place in cool water and it thaws in a flash.

Another good way to do it. For me, the smaller amounts give me flexibility.

Yup, we do that too. I like to make sure the top and bottom are really flat (squish them between two cookie sheets and freeze on one). That way they make better contact with a piece of metal that we put them on when defrosting in a hurry.

This is getting even more perfected TL......good idea!

This is getting even more perfected TL......good idea!

Just to be clear, they are already wrapped in plastic wrap when I squish them. Since I don't have one of those vacuum sealers, it's not handy for me to put the packets in cold water to defrost.

That sounds good Andy! Over the holidays I wanted to make tourtiere but DH can't have the pastry and I have experimented with gluten free pastries but they get too soggy from the meat. So, I experimented with turning it into a meatloaf. It was a little dry, but I think I know what to do for next time. The taste was really authentic though, we all loved it.

Let me know how yours turns out.

LP,

This turned out good as a meatloaf. The taste is a little different from the North American standard meatloaf but good.

:LOL: Annie. You have no idea how close I came to not mentioning that cuz I thought everybody did that. Shows to go ya. :blush::winkiss:

I have always been the type of person to NOT think of the easiest way to do things.....so any help is always appreciated!:chef:

Large amounts of ground beef I make into 1/4 lb patties for Shrek and freeze them that way. If I am cooking I take out however many I want. Shrek can make himself hamburgers until he explodes...cuz he will NEVER get tired of them.

I totally forgot that the hockey game had a 4 pm start here so we had our usual hotdogs. We one over the Islanders in a shoot-out so all was good!

I got everything ready for my Tamale Meatloaf and NO TACO SEAS. MIX! I left out the cubed cornbread filler and just added a meatloaf seasoning packet I had picked up. It's okay, but not what I was hungry for.

Fortunately, shopping tomorrow will be at the Sav-A-Lot store where they carry my favorite taco seasoning packets. Last time I got the Great Value kind from Walmart. It's not my favorite. Spicier than I like.

Back
Top Bottom