What's for Dinner? Wed 1/25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Potato leek soup. Husband suggested I try baking potatoes first (I usually peel and dice, then sautee with leeks, then stew in stock) and making potato skins for an appetizer, and something he heard of, making some crisp potato skin bits to toss on top. So I guess it was a three potato meal (and, yet, managed to come in with a very healthy meal, with no excess of carbs or fat). I'm not stuck on traditional recipes, so it turned out very yummy!

Last edited:
I made not exactly Italian meatball sub sandwich with meatballs pulled from the freezer and simmered in a spiffed up jarred sauce. Vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce for dessert.

I had a piece of ahi tuna leftover from last night, so I had that. Marinated in Asian flavors and pan seared with broccoli. It's a super simple preparation but far and away my favorite fish recipe. Can't tell from the photo but it's a beautiful pink on the inside.

img_1100478_0_fd6d7828f4ac42e823f73447f228e2cb.jpg

Potato leek soup. Husband suggested I try baking potatoes first (I usually peel and dice, then sautee with leeks, then stew in stock) and making potato skins for an appetizer, and something he heard of, making some crisp potato skin bits to toss on top. So I guess it was a three potato meal (and, yet, managed to come in with a very healthy meal, with no excess of carbs or fat). I'm not stuck on traditional recipes, so it turned out very yummy!
I love Vichyssoise! Its a great winter recipe. I was actually thinking of having that this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom